CDD 110 pump.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yessir one of them is, waiting on the housing to come in for the second then Ill ship them together, youll have your two in hand next week ;Sweet

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Oh boy. Test report! Don't bother with the mileage though. If it's not good using the power you have now, it'll be even worse with more.
Although I know your correct, still gonna check it out.
Yessir one of them is, waiting on the housing to come in for the second then Ill ship them together, youll have your two in hand next week ;Sweet
Is the rest of the stuff coming as well? Not rushing, I know your slammed, just curious.

Chemgrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, got one of those as well as a complete intercooler kit on the way. It really doesn't roll coal unless I punch it at half throttle while in neutral. I have a habit of starting off from a stop in second and still don't puff. I have noticed that even leadfooting around I never notice coal unless I am not paying attention to what gear I'm in at a stop sign/ light and start off in 3rd. Then there's a large plume of coal for a second till I realize my stupidity and drop a gear and take off. Either way, as soon as the turbos and intercooler kit gets here I'm putting those on and the arp headstuds and I hope my fuel mileage stays close to the same or better. Alot of extra power makes it hard not to use it which in return will burn up some of my mpg. Been going easy on this tank of fuel and taking forever to burn a tank of fuel up, but that should mean I have really good mpg. We will see

Awesome. Yeah I missed that. I've got a 94IDIT and I'm planning on pulling out of the 94 F-250 I have it in now and dropping it into a F-600 to pull around our little TD-6. I would very much like to do a compound setup with that along with one of CDD's pumps assuming I can get the money together for it.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Awesome. Yeah I missed that. I've got a 94IDIT and I'm planning on pulling out of the 94 F-250 I have it in now and dropping it into a F-600 to pull around our little TD-6. I would very much like to do a compound setup with that along with one of CDD's pumps assuming I can get the money together for it.
Lol you are already ahead of me with the idit block. Hold up better to a beating than the na block. I am not sure about newer f600's but if ur dropping it into an older one like the 86 I used to work on all the time I would go bigger on the pump as well as the turbo being u have a stouter block. A 130 CDD pump is only about 200 or so more than the one I got and you will have all kinds of room for intercooling. I'm sure u can talk to Wes and give him an idea of what the truck weighs, what you will be hauling on the regular, hp, and torque range your shooting for and he can suggest a really awesome set up for you and he has a site to price on once u talk to him about what pump and turbo you want. I would definitely run an intercooler on a medium duty truck, just my opinion. But wen you start that you should start a thread on it if you haven't already.

frankenwrench

overkill is under rated!
Reaction score
Surprising enough, my average mpg comes out to about 20 thus far just driving normally. Still pretty damn good for an old brick running down the road! The throttle response still surprises me every morning. Lol. Back out of the driveway and drop her into second and ease out the clutch and give it a touch of pedal and about the time I get a quarter pedal in it tries to take off on me and often I slide the tires. Now that it's been raining about a solid week, it just slides before the take off. Pretty impressed. Taking off in third now is the same as taking off in second before. Just with a short puff of coal it didn't do before in second. Also get a good puff on initial start up in the morning. Other than that, I can't get enough of this thing. @Thewespaul should I expect even more power with everything else coming in the mail? Someone else in my shoes would probably say I overdid it a bit, but overkill is under rated! Lol. Super happy with my truck and can't wait to see more results with the rest of the upgrades!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
From my experience :)angel:) duallys with even a stock Factory turbo will slide around corners VERY well in the rain. That's my comparison and it was always with a stock fuel system. I'd think that you should see a good power increase with a bigger turbo. As long as your engine stays together, there's no such thing as overkill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin