Can I install used injectors with a new IP?

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given all the problems I seem to be having with my new injectors, I happened to think about swapping in the old injectors and see how the truck runs.

They're originals with 110K on them. I was planning to at least run them through the pop tester to make sure they weren't garbage (I don't think they are since the truck was running fine on them) and then try swapping them in.

Would this be OK to do with a newer IP on there?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tell us what pump you installed. New means rebuilt right??. Who did the rebuild...

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here's something slightly ironic...I dug out these old, original injectors tonight and pop tested them. 5 of them popped at 1700, 1 popped at 1650, and two seem to have some crap stuck in them because they're either sticking or leaking (which most likely happened during storage). That's more consistent than the rebuilt ones I bought...figures.

Also I have a question. The two that are stuck, well...they've never been apart so the end of them won't come off (whatever it's called that the pintle and such sit in, the threaded piece that holds the end on). They seem to be pretty well stuck. I put on some PB Blaster, but is there any reason I couldn't apply a little heat from a propane torch to see if they'll break loose? I can't imagine anything in there would be damaged by that sort of heat but I figured I'd better ask first.