C6 flexplate vs 94 IDIT

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well.....this just got more complicated. I wish the ATP site didn't list the turbo IDI as an application then for that flexplate.

I don't see where it does?

Hard to say.I would ask for the part number stamped on it.He claims it's been pulled from an F450.I'm not sure if I've seen a factory turbo engine in an f-super duty before.That's not to say they didn't come in them but I would be a little surprised.Perhaps it's been swapped in or it had a turbo added to an M code engine too.There has been a lot of factory turbo's put on M code- N/A engines over the years.You are so lucky CP has one for sale lol.

Last edited:

hexpheen

Reaction score
You're right, on second look it doesn't specify anyone for the turbo motor. I must've assumed since it listed 1994 it was for the turbo...I forget there was the option to get a non-turbo IDI, as well as the turbo, and the new powerstroke that year.

Thanks for checking out that ebay link for me. I think I'd rather rely on cpdenton on this forum as compared to a ebay purchase.

hexpheen

Reaction score
Engine codes

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah,looking again at CP's pics of the turbo flexplate.You don't see those 4 holes on the outer edge of the ebay flexplate there.So it appears the guys F450 has an M code - N/A engine but since it has a turbo on it,he assumes it to be a factory turbo idi.......which isn't likely (and as far as I know,not optional from the factory- I say this just cus I've never seen one and I've looked at a lot of f450's for sale) and nonetheless he appears to be selling an N/A flexplate...........That is,if I'm comparing the pics correctly.

I must've assumed since it listed 1994 it was for the turbo...I forget there was the option to get a non-turbo IDI

Yeah,the N/A was still the standard IDI in '93 and '94.It was the turbo IDI engine that was optional.
It's really an engine that should never excised.A completely unnecessary red head step child which didn't do us any good lol.They should of just bolted the turbo kit onto the M code engine and called it good.Just like many did after, issue free for millions of combined miles.

Last edited:

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a factory turbo flex plate, spacer, ring, and bolts as well. I'm putting it in a 5sp truck so if you need a flexplate just let me know, I'd be willing to part with it. And yes the engine is verified as a factory turbo motor.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the part number I have to compare. The truck was a vin number match 1994 idi turbo, I removed the engine and had it overhauled and had to spend $240 on just the rings because they were special and almost impossible to find for an idi turbo with the stock turbo pistons. Two keystone rings different sized. Engine serial and casting number matched idi turbo too

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel you have gotten all the correct information. There is a missing torque spreader that goes between the flexplate and the bolts. Its a stamped steel looking washer that spreads out the clamping torque. Please remember those bolt holes in the crank are drilled thru the flange and enter the oily side of the oil pan. so you MUST use a thread sealant on those bolts or you will have a messy oil leak past the threads al over everything. So the correct install is the crank spacer goes on the crank end. then the stamped flexplate. Then the washer to spread the torque. then the bolts. Torque on those bolts are 47 or 50 lbs.. Not sure without looking in my book but others have this info too.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember that on the flywheel i removed from my other truck. I cant remember about the flexplate. i'll have to look through the parts box where i kept this, if it was on there it's in there. Seems like lots of people have these though i thought they were hard to find. Does anyone have a picture of the non turbo flex plate to see how different the weight is in size and position?

hexpheen

Reaction score
Y'all are too good! Thanks for the support - I actually already purchased cpdenton's flexplate.

I have the torque spreader metal washer thing-a-ma-jig. I'm assuming red loctite is ok for the bolt sealant...I doubt blue loctite would be enough. Maybe even some RTV on the threads?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use red gasket eliminator for sealer. used to be loctite 518. and the torque is 47. dont go over with used bolts.

hexpheen

Reaction score
Thanks typ4, got my torque wrench ready!

-that sandrail sounds fun.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
blue loctite works fine as does what typ4 suggests. Thanks for confirming the 47 lbs torque Russ.

Laurence Mapes II

Reaction score
Ok I know this is an old thread. But just ran into this my son picked up a 7.3idit to replace his tired 6.9 but needs a c6 flex. Any still available??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online