c-6 or e4od for durability/fuel economy

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the chaser may have one stashed on site??? Cruzin by in my lil fishnin boat seems I recall seeing something tucked inside the piers?
They used to have some kinda tender on the dock and some stuff on the bank also( been a while) I used to live nearby and fished the bank alot!
As to the fuel system , it runs,starts,idles perfectly?! But having been driven less than 2k a year its possible the fuel system is stale/toast! Thats why I got the stuff from mel' just need life to get outta the way for a little while so I can swap em out!
Good point on refueling'I do the same thing as you ( although this truck fills way better than the 88) but I dunno!
I did the brakes and bearings on the trailer about 5k back, new rubber back there also!
Synthetic thruout( cept eng.) just done when I got it, nothing suspect anywhere on the truck...except timing and fuel.
I like to make one adj at a time to verrify stuff, so I may time it for grins before I toss in the new goodies!
Thanx cb

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lot to chime in with since I've only run my 4.10s and c6 on my 2wd 86 cclb and got nearly 20 mpg, but I drive like a granny a lot and don't mind ******* off traffic. But that was loaded and unloaded with my trips to the recycling yard. So it wasn't a fluke, I managed to duplicate it. Now with my 86 RCLB with 4.10s and C6 I am in the mid teens driving like grandpa usually doing 55 or so, and that was with my failing C6 so I can't wait to see what happens when I rebuild it.

But I run synthetics in everything that I can. I'm a firm believer in the cost and drag savings that the reduced friction gives. Though since the C6 was spotty I kept Dino oil in it. Running Synthetic in the pumpkins and trans case as well as engine really makes a difference. Especially in the extreme temperatures, the engine not only turns over easier, but in the heat it holds up better. However you will find if you have any leaks.

That being all said, I want to put 3.55s in my 4x4 since it's more of a daily driver that my 2wd hauler.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance