BW 1356 parts or replacement?

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to repair my transfercase. I can drive the truck, but if I put it in 4low, that's where it stays. (Until I get luck moving the shifter back and forth) And ill tell you what, even with 3.55 and zf5 that's a comfortable 25mph. Lol So, ideally, I would like to find a used one that I can rebuild and then swap. Where is the best place to get a compleat rebuild kit.

P.S. don't shift on the fly, even if it means calling a for a tow.

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, are there differances? Like input shaft size, spline count, that kind of thing.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Borg-Warner-1356/products/937/ <--- rebuild kits, seals, etc from Bronco Graveyard. I don't know if they're the "best" quality, but it's one resource at least.

I don't know too many specifics regarding these transfer cases, but I do know that if you have a bullnose or bricknose truck, you want a transfer case out of one of those trucks. On the OBS trucks the speed sensor is located on the rear differential, but bull / brick trucks use a speedometer gear on the transfer case. And also, the F-250 and F-350 use different front yokes; if you happen to find a transfer case in an F-350, keep the front yoke from your old transfer case and sell the F-350 yoke, someone doing a D60 swap will need that and you'll get a few bucks back :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online