7.3 BW 1356 Question

StephenZ

Reaction score
Truck is as follows. Motor is not the motor that went in it, but everything else came with the truck when I purchased it.
It has a ZF 5Spd, with a BW1356 TCase. However the guy said, “the rear drive shaft is in the bed of the truck.”
Didn’t think nothing of it, there was a drive shaft with said slip yoke on it. However, it wasn’t the correct slip yoke for the BW1356, was more of a slip yoke for the tail end of a C6 transmission. Although a C6 slip yoke fits a BW 1356, there isn’t a seal that goes with the 1356/C6 slip yoke combination. Which lead me to buying another slip yoke, memory loss kicked in and didn’t pull measurements before hand.

That being said, I bought a 1330 spicer series slip yoke thinking it would suffice, but now we can’t find a UJoint despite what everything says.

The question now: what is the correct slip yoke I need to be using? I’ve pulled all the measurements with my micrometer, getting around 4.2” for the wider end which is the drive shaft slot, but the 1330 series has about a 3.6” on the shorter width side of the UJ, with those dimensions Napa couldn’t find anything in the combination setting, which leads me to believe I bought the wrong slip yoke as noted above.

That being said, would the correct one be a 3-3-6661X?

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First
Put the rig stats in your sig line so we know what you have...
Makes diagnosis WAY EASIER.

Second
Have you found the tech section for part numbers?
3rd
Brb