Bricknose eye candy 4x4/dually

Maverick1701

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was fueling up yesterday (5/9) before the storm hit and look what pulled in next to me. the truck was in beautiful shape and sounded AWESOME

F350 4x4 (didn't ask who converted it) dually with welding/flatbed

You must be registered for see images attach

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really nice truck. Probably a pipeliner, and lots of those guys go all out on their rigs.

So far as it being converted, I thought that a 1 ton 4x4 dually was available in regular cab OBS and bricknose trucks. Maybe not??

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice rig. It took me some time to realize what the brown stuff is behind the weld machine. Its a 5th wheel hitch and there is a Cardinal 5th wheel connected to the truck. Almost looks like the first time the rig is out on the roads too.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
So far as it being converted, I thought that a 1 ton 4x4 dually was available in regular cab OBS and bricknose trucks. Maybe not??

Nope. Not in an actual truck. The cab-and-chassis were the only dually 4x4's that came from the factory in any body style. That thing is a pretty sweet looking truck though.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not in an actual truck. The cab-and-chassis were the only dually 4x4's that came from the factory in any body style. That thing is a pretty sweet looking truck though.

True, but this is a cab-chassis truck. Look how wide bed is with respect to cab, and how wide the dually flares are with respect to the bed - nope, sure don't look like a pickup DRW axle.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
True, but this is a cab-chassis truck. Look how wide bed is with respect to cab, and how wide the dually flares are with respect to the bed - nope, sure don't look like a pickup DRW axle.
I agree. I have a 94 4x4 cab-chassis truck, so it's easier for me to spot them.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that's the first time I've seen how simulators look with the center punched out to access the manual hub locks. I'd bet it's a factory DRW 4x4 C&C, as others have said...very sharp looking rig!! ;Sweet

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ok, question: Is a dually rearend wider than a C&C rearend or vice versa? IIRC, on the old 70's Chevy 1 tons ( :Q sorry for mentioning the dark side...) the dually pickup rears had the inside tire tracking with the front tires, and on the C&C duallys the rear duals split the front tire track, so the C&C rear was narrower than the dually pickup. Are our Fords like this?

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Almost all commercial vehicles (C&C pickups, semis, busses, RVs etc) have the front and rear axles the same overall width (outside rear tire = front tire track) or at least pretty close.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, question: Is a dually rearend wider than a C&C rearend or vice versa?
C&C DRW axles are narrower than pickup DRW axles. I don't know the exact difference, but IIRC it's similar to the Chebby axles you described, although I want to say that the pickup axle splits the front tire track and the C&C axles have the outer rear in line with the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online