Body bushings?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll have to see, I don’t have much of a plan until I get the axles under the truck and see how everything lays, I’d like to cobble something together using the 2wd coil buckets but radius arms may be more of a challenge. If it’s not something I can just throw together on the welding table then it will go on the truck with leafs at first.

Here is the truck I’ll be ripping the axles from, we got a check for $7,800 for the damage and bought the truck back from insurance for $87.
You must be registered for see images attach

I’ll be going through the axles while I have them out, what do you recommend for parts?

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So while you're looking through radius arm options I will toss this one at you. Bloody Knuckle Garage, used to be CAGE Off Road, and has long or short radius arms for axle swaps. Very similar to James Duff, which I would also recommend. Buddies have used both for swapping in solid axles under S10's mainly.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Wes,

I’ll shoot you a pm this weekend, that way we don’t plug up an IDI era body bushing thread with 6.0 era axle stuff. Or I can start another thread in the 6.0 section so everyone can see it, if you think that would be better.....

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or I can start another thread in the 6.0 section so everyone can see it, if you think that would be better.....

This :cheers:

I don't mind the clutter but I still want to read the axle stuff! Either pm or put the link up here so I can follow. I don't usually troll the 6.0 section lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
No. First one I've heard of.
Block heaters are common fire starters though. Lol
Just the other day my buddy was driving his 15 or 16 dodge 5500 work truck. Tcase came apart, oil hit the exhaust and burnt it to the ground.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. First one I've heard of.
Block heaters are common fire starters though. Lol
Just the other day my buddy was driving his 15 or 16 dodge 5500 work truck. Tcase came apart, oil hit the exhaust and burnt it to the ground.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I still feel lucky that mine hasn't lit up. Twice I've had the fuel filter drop off and cover the passenger manifold. Yeah the flash point is high but it's still combustible.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are lucky. What truck?

My 91. 7.3 NA.

In regards to my bushings... Yeah I'm pretty sure I found the noise.

Those are the bolts for the transmission crossmember on the drivers side. By the shiny I'm going to guess they're hitting and making my annoying clunk.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 91. 7.3 NA.

In regards to my bushings... Yeah I'm pretty sure I found the noise.

Those are the bolts for the transmission crossmember on the drivers side. By the shiny I'm going to guess they're hitting and making my annoying clunk.

I'd say that's the culprit.
Not to hijack, but why did the filter drop off?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say that's the culprit.
Not to hijack, but why did the filter drop off?

No clue. I posted about it a few months ago.

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/expensive-automatic-undercoating.80406/

The filter is officially a year old last week. Whatever O'riellys in Texas had cheap when I bought the truck. Probably their house brand. I changed it before heading back to NY. It made it something like 6000 miles before it fell off this summer. Then it fell off again a couple months later. Needless to say I've been checking it regularly now and have marked it where it's tight so I'll be able to tell if it loosens up again just by looking at it.

I'll buy a new filter whenever I can manage the extra $40, but for now I just have to keep an eye on it.