Blue smoker. Seems like it’s tough to narrow down.

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I plan on keeping mine. I have owned lots of different trucks from dealership new to old projects. Nothing I like more than the old fords myself. It’s nice when you know what’s been done and what’s coming up for replacement too.
The only vehicles I've had brand new from the dealership are a couple of motorcycles. My GMC was a year old when I got it about 23 years ago, I'm the second owner. My bullnose, however, I got when my father went into an ALF. It hadn't been taken care of for years but he was still driving it. He used a sizeable shot of ether to start it each time though. No idea how many previous owners. I like the older vehicles due to the lack of electronics, easier to work on and the parts are usually less expensive (if they're still available).

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig. I really like the four doors, especially the bull nose.
Thanks. I recently found out after a trip to the salvage yard that although it has the bullnose cab, the bed is from a bricknose. It made sense why one taillight fit the body better than the other. I never really paid close attention to the shape before. I guess it's an '86 hybrid. :joker:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice rig. I really like the four doors, especially the bull nose.
Frozenmerc has the nicest looking Bull Nose 4 door on the forum.
Iam biased, but the Bull Nose is the best looking front end.
I see you are in Sacto., Bought my 86 there from a guy 10+ years ago. $1800.
The way prices have gone up on used trucks, with enough time it will be close to a new truck,,,, LOL

Use to live in Santa Cruz, got out of Ca. just in time, and bought the place here 10 yrs ago. Couldn`t afford it now, doubled in price...crazy.

Goat

Last edited:

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
Frozenmerc has the nicest looking Bull Nose 4 door on the forum.
Iam biased, but the Bull Nose is the best looking front end.
I see you are in Sato., Bought my 86 there from a guy 10+ years ago. $1800.
The way prices have gone up on used trucks, with enough time it will be close to a new truck,,,, LOL

Use to live in Santa Cruz, got out of Ca. just in time, and bought the place here 10 yrs ago. Couldn`t afford it now, doubled in price...crazy.

Goat
I hear that! Housing market is going to come crashing down soon. North of Richmond folks are going to scoop up as much as possible once again. I can’t wait to get out of here, cali is becoming a degenerate wasteland.

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear that! Housing market is going to come crashing down soon. North of Richmond folks are going to scoop up as much as possible once again. I can’t wait to get out of here, cali is becoming a degenerate wasteland.
Yeah, and I hear you head leader over there wants to be head guy of the whole country.... and wants to use com mie fornia as a model for the rest of the country.

Now that is a special treat.

Goat

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Further Derailment.....let’s not forget Cali-rado and this states latest attempt to keep a contender off the 2024 Presidential Ballot.

I don’t care how ya lean, but I thought this country made its decisions through public vote. :rotflmao

We The People......yeah right

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Further Derailment.....let’s not forget Cali-rado and this states latest attempt to keep a contender off the 2024 Presidential Ballot.

I don’t care how ya lean, but I thought this country made its decisions through public vote. :rotflmao

We The People......yeah right
10-4.
Saw on YT a few more states have got on the band wagon.

Never seen this kind of stuff before.

That line needs to be reworded,,"We the Politicians, know what is best for you".

Or so it seems.

Goat

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's your oil consumption after 1000 miles?
@Wrenchmonkey316 have you actually tracked how much oil it’s using? A quart every 500 miles or..?

Have you adjusted timing yet? I didn’t see it in the posts.

My timing was really retarded. With the injection lines being tight, you can only move the pump a dime or two at most.

Wrenchmonkey316

Reaction score
@Wrenchmonkey316 have you actually tracked how much oil it’s using? A quart every 500 miles or..?

Have you adjusted timing yet? I didn’t see it in the posts.

My timing was really retarded. With the injection lines being tight, you can only move the pump a dime or two at most.
I still need to play with the timing. The fuel consumption is awful. Like 11 mpg

Last edited: