bit the bullet....

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
im sure a few of you've seen my last thread "rip to a good idi". well he called me today wanting to sell it. i told him i really didnt need it and that i wasnt interested. no sooner than i hung up the phone it dawned on me, zf5!! called him back and told him i was on the way. went and looked it over, motor and trans seemed to be fine, not cracked or busted. asked him what he would take for it. he said $600! hell the engines worth that. so needless to say i have me a good zf5 donor and a good running 7.3. if you didnt see my last thread heres a pic of the truck. so now off to the million dollar question, will my rear driveshaft need to be shortened or lenthened?

You must be registered for see images attach

Rxracer

Reaction score
with my E4od i had to lengthen like 7 or 8 inches when i did my 5 speed swap.
My brother went from a c6 to a zf in his 460 the rear shaft stayed the same or was really close cause he was lifted 3"
Rob

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are three possible zf lengths, one has an ebrake attachment, then 2wd and 4wd i think... Might not have to change driveline length

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two ZF lengths...fixed yoke 2WD or the 4x/SD model...

The one with the large drum park brake is a 4x trans with park brake instead of the tcase...both transmissions are the same length...just the tcase or brake changes the overal length

If your info in your sig is correct and you have a C6 and extra cab and that's a 2WD ZF reg cab...nope doubt that the rear shaft would work for ya!

JM2CW

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
its a 4x4 reg cab. got some more pics of it today in the day light.