Bigger downpipe for sidewinder?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
After searching and reading some prior posts on this issue I came out scratching my head...

It looks like the downpipe comes out larger than 2.5" and necks down to 2.5", but I read that to go to a bigger downpipe I would need a new turbo housing :confused: I don't have it (downpipe) here to measure, however, I'd like to be able to move more waste gas than the factory pipe will move.

Is there another pipe that would work, or would it have to be a custom pipe? :eek:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I went and measured it today...

:puke:

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Comes out at 2.5" od and necks down to 2.25" -cuss

Uppon serious reading and searching I found numerous refrences to a bigger banks downpipe, 3". I realize that it will still have the 2.5" restriction out of the turbine, however, I am interested in where I can find this animal... I'd like as much go as I can get LOL and a little more whistle to boot :draw yup, the real reason ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Just take your current downpipe to a place that can mandrel bend pipes and tell them you want one with your current turbo end welded onto a bigger pipe - they should be able to handle that. I haven't found anyone around these parts that does mandrel bending on the bigger stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828