Big Ed's Exreme Truck Makeover part II

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I bought the IC pipes,

Here is what I plan too use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=190219984710&rd=1

I have been doing a lot of looking and eyballing what I think will fit, and this kit has the best quality of the piping, silicone couplers and the good clamps. I figured the black pipes can get dirty and and it won't matter much. It also has the ribed ends so the couplers will stay on easier.

That is a great price for all that intercooler plumbing. The silicon couplers are usually 8-10 each, and those actually look like decent clamps. Can you please post some follow up on what the quality of the parts are when you recieve them as I may have an intercooler project coming up.

Thanks

R. J.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
With the B&M shifter, how does it help?

It doesn't help. It is just cool! Plus I want to manually shift once in a while, and have the Eaton Switch to controll the Gearvenders Overdrive.

That is a great price for all that intercooler plumbing. The silicon couplers are usually 8-10 each, and those actually look like decent clamps. Can you please post some follow up on what the quality of the parts are when you recieve them as I may have an intercooler project coming up.

Thanks

R. J.

Ill let you know, I should be getting it on Monday.

Got it covered. I talked to the doc and he ordered up the tranquilizer for me.
As long as it don't get too far out I can hit it.

The good thing is that you are experienced with tranquilizer guns,..:D

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Update:

The exhaust is hooked up. I got some 3" stainless Flex and 3" stainless band clamps, and hooked it up to the downpipe elbow. Than ran it down to the 3 to 4" coupler. It looks like it will work great, sounds pretty good although not as good as the IDI I must say.

The vacume lines are all hooked up
The throttle cable is hooked up.

I got a new cruise controll cable, straight from Ford. From what the guy said, there were only 2 in the nation avaliable and it was a obsolite part. So that is now all hooked up.

The Dual Optimas are installed and hooked up.
The Cummins fan is installed.
The rad support is now installed., the rad fits as well as the Ford origional fan shroud with no modifications.

Still working on the Tac operation, once that is taken care of I will install the radiator, ac condenser, and start fabing up the Intercooler.

I will also have to modify the AC lines. still don't know what I am doing with those Yet.

Yes there is now a light at the end of the tunnell!:thumbsup:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also got an Eaton Switch to install on the B&M Shifter for the Gearvendors Overdrive, But there is no real good way to install it yet, so I am still working on that setup.
Not knowing what an Eaton Switch is - B&M has some T-handles that have a switch for a trans brake or a line lock (drag racing stuff), and most B&M handles are universal among their shifters - how about installing one of these on the shifter you have, then wiring its switch to some electronics doo-dat that takes the momentary on signal from the handle switch and translate it into a continuous on/off signal (much like the stock OD control switch works on an E4OD truck).

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I will also have to modify the AC lines. still don't know what I am doing with those Yet.

If you have a shop in town that makes hydraulic hoses, they should be able to fab up lines for you. Some NAPAs do as well.

If not, send them to me. There's a shop here that makes hoses for virtually everything.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update:

QUOTE]

Shoot me a post when you figure out what a/c lines you are trying to adapt to/from, I work for a hydraulic hose manufacturer and will be able to help you out and probably get you a really fair price in your local area.

R. J.

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Update:

QUOTE]

Shoot me a post when you figure out what a/c lines you are trying to adapt to/from, I work for a hydraulic hose manufacturer and will be able to help you out and probably get you a really fair price in your local area.

R. J.

Even better

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the latest progress, I will post later cause I gotta get home,..

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    429.3 KB · Views: 49
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    431.7 KB · Views: 44
  • SV500003.JPG
    SV500003.JPG
    399.2 KB · Views: 79
  • SV500006.JPG
    SV500006.JPG
    413 KB · Views: 76
  • SV500007.JPG
    SV500007.JPG
    372.3 KB · Views: 87

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thanks RJ and Barney for the offers on the AC lines but looks like I am able to use the stock Lines with no modifaction. I got the AC Condenser in place tonight and the lines will line up and not be in the way of the IC piping. ;Sweet

Got the front of the truck trimed for the IC. Tomorrow I will make a cople of brackets and get it installed. Looks like it will be completely plumed and installed tomorrow of all goes well.

As you can see in the pics I had to add 4 1/2" to the transfer case lever, it cleares everything and works great.

Not knowing what an Eaton Switch is - B&M has some T-handles that have a switch for a trans brake or a line lock (drag racing stuff), and most B&M handles are universal among their shifters - how about installing one of these on the shifter you have, then wiring its switch to some electronics doo-dat that takes the momentary on signal from the handle switch and translate it into a continuous on/off signal (much like the stock OD control switch works on an E4OD truck

I'll get a pic of the Eaton Switch tomorrow, It is a lot simpler setup and that is what I like. So far it seems to be woking but I can't get the Auto Drive to kick in. The way it hooked up it should be able to use it as an automatic, or have the choice to kick it in manually.

Once the IC in installed, I need to button up the dash, install the steering wheel, hook up the radiator and heater hoses, put the front of the truck together, and take it for a spin.

Hope to have it on the road this week.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darrin, just out of curiosity, what power output numbers are you expecting from this setup (with intercooler and all)?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I don't think you are a traitor cause I would be doing the same thing if money wasn't lacking. My brother owns 2 cummins and constantly gets 20 mpg out of them driving like he stole em empty(and they aren't exactly stock) the only thing i cuss the dodges for is the front end and crappy traction setups but the engines will take the abuse, put out the power, and run as long as you want them to. I love my international idi but the early generation cummins are just a badass motor