Betsy the Worktruck

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the underhood insulation you used? Didn't see a brand mentioned and I need to look into that for the dually.

I've been thinking about the garage door cowl seal. Glad to hear it works good. Just can't bring myself to spend $50 for a little 6' piece of rubber....
I bought a roll of it too.

Give me some time to get that project done, then I'll send you a piece. Along with that piece of silicone tubing. LOL

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Go find yourself some grace ice and water shield, for roofs, or an alternative like it. Like that same stuff made for sealing around windows and doors.

Put that on as a sound deadener before you lay the carpet or mats or whatever, back down.
Now that's a good idea. I can't remember, does it come with an adhesive side?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that's a good idea. I can't remember, does it come with an adhesive side?
Yes. Peel and stick.

Check out the link I posted, for a cheap way to do this.

By the way, no need to completely cover every surface.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes. Peel and stick.

Check out the link I posted, for a cheap way to do this.

By the way, no need to completely cover every surface.
I did. That's the first time that I, personally, have seen ice and water shield come in only 6" widths. I'm used to 18" at a minimum. 3' wide is better for roofs. That way, you have 18" on each side of the gap that you're covering.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Removed rear seat tonight and got the passenger side door sill off. Had to drill out a screw head but was expecting worse. The insulation mat beneath the vinyl is like that sink sponge you keep forgetting to toss. We will see what it looks like tomorrow.

Oh, had a bon fire with the plywood center console. Worth it

You must be registered for see images attach

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the vinyl out with the insulation stuck to it and rust to the insulation. Most of it was moist. When I got the truck she had a leak in the center of both double windows (there a cool name?), one at the driver side in the rear window, and one on each door due to poor adjustment. I sealed everything with silicone shortly after but the rust spots correlate. Not sure how long it leaked prior to my ownership but I should be able to tig all these up clean.

The real question is, vinyl or carpet? My boots are always dirty so I’m leaning towards vinyl again unless convinced otherwise.

There is some gum and chocolate and who knows what stuck to both front seatbelts so might replace them with new. Thankfully I have both door sills, driver’s was out and had to drill out the screws for the other.

All the shifter plate (correct name?) screws look like small 1/4” head self tap screws, this correct? They’re all loose and rusty. Plan is to pull that as well to clean everything up and change the trans oil while I’m at it.

Anything else I should dig in to while I am this far?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh boy so much fun haha.

If you're replacing it anyway, I would recommend carpet and a pair if good floor mats for the front, something like the weathertech mats or husky floor liners.

That would allow any trapped moisture to evaporate through the carpet, and the floor mats would catch the majority of the mud.

If you're not sold on replacing the flooring, get new foam and pressure wash the old vinyl.

Do you know what you're going to repaint the floor with?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online