Betsy the Worktruck

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The crown Vic one looks to have a better style bearing than stock and the larger fan seems to move more air from what I can tell.
I believe, from what I've seen on here, that it does move more air. It certainly doesn't create a wind tunnel effect, but any little bit gained is better than stock.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I just stole a blower from an OBS F350 and modified it to fit my Dad's 1990 ranger. The motors are built well but don't last forever. Make sure you keep the vent hose connected to the brush end of the motor. I think it keeps moisture and carbon dust causing premature wear.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t come with a hose. Can’t be too too rare though. She’s N/A currently which I hear is nice for the brushes up here in the rainforest.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t realize the back seat folded flat! So much room for activities.

Just pulled my speedo drive gear out of the BW1345 and it’s sadly a green 6 tooth press fit into the bushing. If anyone has a good vendor for one that would be swell. Going to bore the incorrect green one I have to fit in there for now.
Saw eBay has the black (8) and yellow (7) for this style. For my 3.55 and stock wheels I believe I need another green with the wine colored 16 tooth as that’s what was in it.

Hope there’s and easy fix but as the saying goes, hope in one hand...

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The PO had purchased a new 6 tooth drive gear and a wine colored 16 tooth gear from americanhotrodsolutions.com but it was the wrong one. So I cut the old plastic off, bored the new one out, turned down the bushing, then heated and press fit the gear on. Let’s hope this works!

You must be registered for see images attach

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two questions;

1 - anyone rebuild the vacuum pump yet?

2 - what is the appropriate location for the under steeringwheel/dash light? Mine has been hanging since I've owned it and it's also missing the middle plastic piece under the column.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No clue about the vacuum pump. The light could be from a few locations. The nearest light I can think of is the backlight for the Wiper and headlight switches. Is the light hanging slightly to the left of the steering column?

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one dangling by the parking brake pedal in the photo.

Edit: The light behind the wiper/lights decals is there and working properly. This one has an angled bracket with a small tab on the end.

Last edited:

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think that's your foot well courtesy light (supposed to turn on when the door is open). It should be attached to the E-brake bracket somewhere. I'll try to get you a photo of the one in my truck tomorrow.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here you go.

As you can see, mine broke too. It was actually busted when I got the truck more than 10 years ago (where does the time go?). I repaired it by crimping a steel plate on top and bolting it back in the original location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online