Best Online Source for trailer parts?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I have a Pace trailer and I'm about to repack my bearings and I was wondering if anyone had a good online vendor for grease seals, cotter pins and the other goodies that might be needed.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its not an online source, but I burned up a bearing on an 1975 avion trailer I was towning last month and managed to get bearings, races and seals for it at an oreilys auto parts. We burned the bearing on Saturday night and had no idea any place open on Sunday would stock everything, but we were back on the road by noon.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not use those spring preloaded hub caps they sell in parts stores, they have grease gun fittings for easy fillup and hey constantly push the grease in the bearings.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The caps with zerk fittings are a bad idea, IMHO. They make it way too easy to push too much grease into the hub, and when it gets hot it slings out of the back seal and all over your trailer brakes. They are good if you monitor it regularly, but you still end up having to tear down and repack by hand once a year. My trailer came with them installed, and I used them at first, but discovered the hub filled entirely with grease and it destroyed a set of brakes, so I just do the repack manually every spring.

The best online source I've found is www.e-trailer.com They have most every type of trailer part you could want, but nothing beats doing a little cross-referencing of you own at NAPA to get parts locally. I was able to get bearings, seals, and races at NAPA for way cheaper than any of the trailer supply places.

Depending on what type of trailer you're dragging, an oil bath might not be a bad idea, but I've found traditional grease and tapered bearings to be very easy to deal with. In my experience, the folks who have trouble with them either A) overload the trailer and or lend it out to people who don't treat it right or B) are a little slack on maintenance and inspections...

Ryan

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Nuera has a real good selection of trailer axle and brake parts with a plus for Canadians that they have stores up there so ordereing shouldn't be a hassle.
Lucky B trailer parts in Arkansas got bought out by them, I can drive to the old Lucky B location still. they carry quite a bit of stuff in there and prices are pretty decent.