Best Modifications or Upgrades You've Done

Black dawg

Reaction score
Intercooler was the best mod hands down, but would be worthless without the turbo.

George D.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. New FIPLS/MPLS/TPS, trans shifts better and pulls harder.
2. General Grabber red letters, so much smoother than my old BFG ATs look better and way more traction offroad.
3. modifide 3" stroke DP wraped up pipes and cross over and most of a 4" magnaflow exhaust with a turndown where the muffler gose until I get some pipe to put in there, Turbo whisles Like a **** and can make boost in nutral use way less throtle driving have more power and have to try real hard up a long steep grade to hit 1000 on the pyro, Thanks to mod 1 the trans will downshift if I don't do it just right and EGTs go way down.
4. Bigger transcooler never gets much over 150*

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
#1 on my list are my Dual stacks (sound and looks)
#2 Windstar electric fans (Hp and Mpgs)
#3 B&M shift kit (That poor E40D shur can stand some abuse now)
#4 Real gauges. Max I've seen: 236F coolant(stuck T-stat), 210F trans, and 1300F pyro.
#5 Coolant filter and Pre-mixed DCA additives coolant.
#6 Banks power pack lid (Hp, Mpgs, and quieter intake noise)
#7 Fresh fuel sysem. Injection pump supposedly set at 4200rpm but I've seen 4450rpm

DragRag

Reaction score
T.C.

I picked up an intercooled 94' factory turbo CC 4x4 today. It is a good runner with good paper. Bed needs a bit of help though. It has a beater utility bed on it now, cab is nice though.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T.C.

I picked up an intercooled 94' factory turbo CC 4x4 today. It is a good runner with good paper. Bed needs a bit of help though. It has a beater utility bed on it now, cab is nice though.
dude....
how long you've been here?
you know the drill....
pics...pics...pics.;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
1. 3 speed Brownie
2. Rodney Red Radiator/e fan conversion
3. Turbo
4. Air ride seat/ auto leveling air suspension/ onboard air system
5. Rear seat air conditioning
6. 150 gal bed tank ( couldn't live without on long trips;Sweet

One mod that I didn't do but came on the truck is something I simply wouldn't want to have the truck without ,and that's the Western Hauler Bed. Aside from being the handiest thing around for loading anything, the parking attendents at the airport always think it's a tow truck and dont' charge me anything when I have to go pickup my wife returning from business trips :rotflmao

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
@diesel_giant: Does the higher rpm spring really make that much of a difference? I feel bad hitting 3k in my truck.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online