Baumann Controller

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im probably going to go this route now that Ive started my E4OD swap, and I know I could probably call them and get these answers but I trust you guys more. I understand that it just needs three inputs to run, being TPS, Gear indicator and Solenoid I believe With my swap from a C6, I have the harness that connects into the tranny, but nothing as far as the TPS on the IP is concerned. Is the harness you buy from them one which will replace the plugs on the tranny and sensor on the IP, or will it require me to splice into those? Im rewiring the truck now as it is, but just want to know what all Ill need to do to get it ready.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, but does it replace the factory connectors, or is it a splice in kind of thing?

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
The wire harness will use factory connections for TRS and solenoid pack. You will need to provide tach signal, VSS signal, and TPS sensor. Baumann's instructions and harness should guide you along.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wire harness will use factory connections for TRS and solenoid pack. You will need to provide tach signal, VSS signal, and TPS sensor. Baumann's instructions and harness should guide you along.

Are you sure you need tach signal? I am also going this route when I swap in an E4OD and I do not have a factory tach. According to the manual they only need a TSS(VSS) and TPS.

http://www.usshift.com/downloads/E4ODmanual.pdf

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You will need a tach signal. Just like a factory TCM, it uses a tach signal to match the engine speed to the vehicle speed.

You don't need a factory tach. You will need the sensor (Ford only) part and some wire. Instal the sensor into the gear cover and wire it up matching Baumann's specs.