Back from the Rally

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
wow is about all i can say...

With a mad rush to get stuff done to leave 10:30pm Friday only to roll into camp at 9:15am Saturday... spend a week baking in the 100º+ heat....fighting mechanical failure on my truck...only to pick up and leave 11:30 yesterday and get home at 2:15am this morning... all i can say is holy cow I'm tired!!!!

The question to ask here is... "Would I do it all again?"

The answer..... ABSO-FRICKIN-LUTELY!!!!!

I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything...problems and all. My wife, my son, and I all had a great time at the 2012 IDI Rally. You can't ask for a better group of people to spend a week with. From the time we jumped in the truck to come home we were missing everyone!

Ron (Dsl_Dog_Catcher) our host, flat out busted his ass to make sure everything went well and everyone's vacation was enjoyable. Mission accomplished man! My hats off to you and your family for making this happen.

It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new people. The Henry Ford museum and Greenfield village is really something to see and If i ever get a chance to go back i will in a heartbeat.

The show and shine had some stiff competition this year. Everyone really stepped up to the plate and as Powrsmoke said...it was prime grounds for a photographer.

We had a great group to Caravan with both out and back...and after fighting the front brakes on my truck all week...it cam down to Corey (Dieselcrawler) saving my bacon in an Ohio service plaza by swapping parts off his crawler to my truck to get it home. (pretty sure the turbo down pipe cooked the proportioning valve) 2 hours to swap a very difficult to access part in 100+ deg. heat sure wasn't pleasant.

Here is the link to my pics

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/freebird01/IDI Rally 2012/

but in the meantime here are some teaser shots...

You must be registered for see images attach

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
It was great a convoy headed home. Too bad we had to leave, but I guess real life has to kick back in sometime!!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Good to hear you made it back home, Jason. Now that your new ride has done so good for you, leave it alone and work on that extended cab.;Really I'm liking that rig, 4:10's, C6 and all. Some fluids maintenence, brake issues, and a timing is a rather short list of jitters considering what that truck faced.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
yep...going to try and do a get together so i can get my cab set on the frame and get workin on the body work. i wouldnt mind getting the bulk of the cab together before the snow flies.

i may have located a donor truck to put a 5spd in the orange one and ditch the slushbox...just waiting to see if he accepts my offer...

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing those pictures. A couple things.....who drives the **** ass black and grey slant with euro chickenlights and stacks? And did Corey hire a model to sit in his crawler? BTW, the crawler looks awesome.

Keeway

ALL MOTOR!
Reaction score
sounds like a great time was had! and nice pics! whenever the rally gets back to the east somewhere i'll join you guys

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
black and grey slant- chris diesel4me2

and the one driving mine is the gf carolyn. she is in alot of the pictures.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are a few of my pics, Just didnt take a lot of them this year.

First, Thank You to Carolyn for my new Avatar Pic! Check out her Facebook, She did a great job getting pics.

You must be registered for see images

Trying to stay out of the heat while Heath packs up the 5ver.

Convoy ready to Roll Out:

Droopy makes it to the Rally for Saturday:

Made a short trip to the Railroad Museum but it was closed:

Most of my other pics were of the Show and Shine.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet bumper!

Love all those caps and clearance lights too.

Veeeery nice stuff!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
A BIG Thank You to the Wagon Master RON for putting together a Top Notch Rally! As was stated before he busted his ass for the group to make sure a good time was had by all, and he succeeded. Of course anytime you put 80 people together for a week there will be issues that come up, and problems that arise, like getting bombed by a stray firework, and taking out a knee, Frequent gust of winds that took some camper awnings with them, Persistent 100 deg temps, Dealing with short bus riders in sparkly helmets,:D(HI!) etc, but it is how you react to them that is what makes up your character, and Ron handled everything with Patience and grace, doing what ever he could do to take care of the situation.

Again, Ron,. Great job Bud!;Sweet

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that moroon dually 93 or 94 with silver stripe looks like the idi with a powerstroke posted here from CL I know its not the same one the and not in that good of shape but still same paint scheme