AutoRX opinions?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I read something about it here a few days ago, but it was out of context, I have an engine from a car that wasn't treated well, shifted short, oil change every 100k miles or 10 years, whatever comes first cookoo and you should have seen the clutch! Grooved, pitted, and this really pretty dark metallic blue color, I'm thinking of laquering it and mounting it on the wall :sly

I'm wondering if the left kidney I would give for a couple bottles AutoRX is worth it, or if there is a better plan out there.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran two treatments of it, and did percieve a little power increase. I want to try it again soon.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Was your engine taken care of before? Did you notice the oil turning darker in either the application cycle or the rinse cycle?

I'm trying to make heads or tails of how this stuff works, it sounds like it breaks the bonds down in the first cycle and the detergents in the rinse cycle do the real work, totally different from an engine flush.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
My truck before treatment leaks a little oil. So that there was a couple drops everytime I parked. I burnt about a quart every 500 miles. Blow by test wouldshow I would have to rev up to about 1300 rpms for the blow by to not waft up.

After treatment my truck not boy leak oil like before. I burnt one quart of oil between Oregon and Texas, and. Low by goes away by 900 rpms. I'm a firm believer in it

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck burns oil slower than it did before treating with Auto Rx, However many other factors could and very well may have led to that decrease, particularly tuning.

Sorry that's about as conclusive as i can get lol

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I have measured compression on some engines and have seen drastic results. On one I had around 135 on a couple of holes before treatment and over 400 psi after 2 treatments. I've revived a few old diesels from near death with that stuff, it really cleans the crud out. If there's any chance of the mechanical bits inside still being able to function, that stuff will free them up to where they will be able to do their best, beyond that , it can't repair mechanical damage, but if you think there's enough left of the thing to be worth trying to clean up and give a chance, go for it, if the thing is leaving a trail of parts going down the road, then obviously it's not worth fooling with.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen anything work as well as AutoRx. I did a treatment in my truck when I got it and I noticed more power, less oil consumption and better fuel mileage. It did turn my oil black as india ink, so I changed the filter halfway through the interval just to be safe. Good stuff, I don't know anybody who doesn't like AutoRx.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I've been reading the heck out of BITOG.com, I'm curious about AutoRX, it seems diesel guys love it, period, but gas burners have mixed reviews, and I've noticed a few things.

I am starting to wonder if it is the product or the process that works, in other words, if you ran crappy oil for 3k miles, then ran Delo for 3k miles would you see similar results? I'm tempted to try, I've read threads where an individual didn't follow the instructions EXACTLY, but as soon as the high detergent "rinse" goes in magic happens cookoo

My room mate mentioned he had a gasser car with a stuck ring, saturated it through the spark plugs with WD40 (I'd likely use PB Blaster) and changed the oil, his results were similar to autoRX claimed results.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I've used AutoRX in both my vehicles. Whether it really did anything positive I have no way to verify but I will continue to use it every few years.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered AutoRX because of the reviews I've read on this site.
It's been in my crankcase for about 1500 miles, so I can't report a whole lot on it except this: after running it for 500 miles, I noticed my oil pressure went up. Not drastically, but a little.
This is, however, on the stock gauges so I'm not sure how accurate the reading is.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I've been reading the heck out of BITOG.com, I'm curious about AutoRX, it seems diesel guys love it, period, but gas burners have mixed reviews, and I've noticed a few things.

I am starting to wonder if it is the product or the process that works, in other words, if you ran crappy oil for 3k miles, then ran Delo for 3k miles would you see similar results? I'm tempted to try, I've read threads where an individual didn't follow the instructions EXACTLY, but as soon as the high detergent "rinse" goes in magic happens cookoo

My room mate mentioned he had a gasser car with a stuck ring, saturated it through the spark plugs with WD40 (I'd likely use PB Blaster) and changed the oil, his results were similar to autoRX claimed results.

Hardly the case. I had one European diesel that had been so severly neglected that it would burn a qt of oil every 15 or so miles, Brought it back to life with Auto Rx. A year later I had to go into the engine and I was able to clean off the ring grooves with a spray can of brake parts cleaner. About a year later I had an identical engine that had been on Mobil 1 meticulously maintained it's entire 60k since a rebuild, I tore that thing down after an overheat from a hose failure and spent about a week with a ring groove cleaner scraping through intense baked on layers of varnish and soot before I could put new rings on it. If it were just the high detergent oil as you suggest, then the second engine would have been as clean as the first.

Reason for the rinse phase is in a nutshell, certain esters basicaly like to bite into things and hang on, that's what gets the stuff to eat into the crud, but you can't just keep biting, you have to let the loosened up surface material wash off before trying to bite in any deeper .the rinse phase basically gives it a chance to swallow what it is chewing on and get it out of the way

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I used to take care of a 125,000,000 BTU boiler.It had been improperly maintained -causing a calcium buildup on the water side of the boiler.The build up was over an inch (a bad situation in a boiler).Prior to my taking care of it they had tried a 3 day soak of sulfuric acid.This removed some of it but in chuncks-causing hot spots onthe boiler wals -causing cracks because of uneven thermal expansion. I got with a chemist-we discused several methods of cleaning it. We chose a chelation method -it took 2 years to acomplish without weakining the boiler. A slow polymer bonding to the undesireable intruder -which slowly converts it to a liquid.
It reminds me of how RDSL talke about motor RX removing the sludge and build up slowly so as not break away chunks.(This style of cleaning is efficent and easier on the item being cleaned). I intend to try it on one of our vehicles. (my 1958 case tractor) before I tear it down later this summer for an inchassis overhaul. It has lost 1 cylinder completly ,needs to be done now ,bit it had commitments before its surgery.

Last edited:

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil consumption decreased quite a bit, and my fuel millage went up. I use it regularly now. The only treatment that I've found that was worth the money. I used to do treatments of MiliTec on my straight 6. That did a good job, but was very expensive compared to AutoRX.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online