ATS install NO BOOST

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the interstate, stand on the throttle and let it eat up to about 2500-3000 rpm. With no functional wastegate, it should easily push toward 10 psi. Otherwise, there is pressure leaking from the hot or cold side.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
When I pulled the motor and put it back in I had a problem with the junction cast piece (the peice that bolts to the passenger side manifold, and the drivers side pipe comes into. The way I put it on made it seperate and had a small gap between it and the up pipe (the one that slides onto the top of it and bolts into the turbo. Made no boost at all. Ended up loosening the bolts for the uppipe at the turbo, then getting it to fit better.

Does it sound like a gasser really bad?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
somewhat, i think it was leaking where the cdr would normally go i still arnt getting as much boost as i think i should only 5 havnt had my trailer on it yet. i guess i have to have another leak somewhere or something?

sootman73

Reaction score
if i were to stomp on my truck i would be seeing 10-12 instantly and then rising to 14-15. you def got a leak somewhere..... no marks of soot anywhere on any exhaust piping?

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
no leaks in the up pipes or soot that i see. i have 4" exhaust after it. dont know the history of the IP my timing is good. i still have black smoke but not tons anymore so the fuel is there, the pyro shows im getting alot of fuel i can get it up to 1000 getting on it hard from 0-60

im getting a 2000 psd tomorrow, i will probably sell my friend the turbo he wants it and let my brother use the trusty old idi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online