Arizona machine shops

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread doesn't really belong here, but it doesn't really belong elsewhere either so hopefully its ok.

I'm rebuilding my 12 valve, and am looking for machine shop recommendations in AZ. I'll need the block and head looked at, probably block bored and head decked with a balve job. All I need is the machining, I'll do all the assembly. I'm in Flagstaff, so one up here would be great, but if I need to load it up in the Jetta and head to the valley that's ok.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id look into machine shops that work on boats by the river.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know about a machine shop in AZ. Just wondering why you are refer to a 12 valve, where did the other 4 valves go? Or are you refering to a 6 cyl Cummins.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bet its a cumapart he is looking for help on.. I'm thinking a trip down I-17 is in order but really don't have a shop known to me down there either. Am in so cal and there is a great shop near dismaland that I can recommend. They did some great valve work for me on my idi and I walked thru the shop. Most of their work is on the big diesel engines. Our idi is not near their big stuff. I saw a V12 block and a V16 block in that shop... The cranks looked like a football field long..

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
A quick google brought up Flagstaff Engine and Machine, 800 W Route 66 # 7

Flagstaff, AZ 86001

(928) 214-6227

Give them a call.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

Yes, 12 valve Cummins. I've called the local machine shops, but was hoping I could get recommendations from people that have used them for work.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding a good machine shop is tough here. Seems like they go through a lot of guys. Our local napa ruined a flywheel i sent them to surface. They mounted it 1\4 inch crooked and cut it lol. They did supply the new one no charge though. Thats why i was thinking of shops near the colorado. Maybe they can do better considering the performance stuff they see.

cheap bronco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finding a good machine shop is tough here. Seems like they go through a lot of guys. Our local napa ruined a flywheel i sent them to surface. They mounted it 1\4 inch crooked and cut it lol. They did supply the new one no charge though. Thats why i was thinking of shops near the colorado. Maybe they can do better considering the performance stuff they see.

Ive used Sunnyslope Machine
Central and Dunlap ave

there 2 brothers in their late 60'S that run the place