Anyone in Minnesota?

BigBadCummins

Reaction score
under or on top of something, use your imagination
I was just wondering if there were any other folks around my area that what to get together for some BOMBing or BS'ing?
Let me know as I am trying to get something together for next summer at BIR. If anyone has any other ideas please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Kurt.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kurt, Where you at the MN TDR dyno event in ramsey this fall?? I posted the high powerstroke rating for what it's worth. My brother is a member of the tdr. Lets start a minnesota thing, later Chris

BigBadCummins

Reaction score
under or on top of something, use your imagination
Morepower02,

Yeah I was there, I was the only one sporting a 1st gen Dodge. It was a really good time, and I would like to do some type of event soon so if anyone has any ideas lets hear them.

Up here in Brainerd in the summer they have drag races at BIR on wendsday nights starting at 5:00 pm and they go until dark. I usually take my Trans Am but I would love to see a bunch of trucks beat up on the cars (lots of rice). Maybe we could have a get together at one of the many show n go's that they have on the weekends.

What ya'all think,
Kurt.

Jeff H.

Reaction score
I was in Ramsey also. Got a 3k rpm kit installed there. I know your brother well morepower02. I tried talking him into bringing his wagon in and dynoing it.
Hope trever and you guys can make it up to Northwood.:smoke:

DieselDood78

Reaction score
Gentlemen.....Josh here.....BIR sounds like a good time....I'm gonna try and call them after the new year.....Weds are tough for some of us commin from the cities.....I'll see what I can do...

Good times......

Great trucks....

Better women.....

Josh

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, My brother and I are going to kill the KDP on his cummins in the morning, Or I guess we are going to start on it. Sounds like fun eh??:) :)

ProMac1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guy's,

Finally found the site from my brother's referral. Looks like it will be :cool. Haven't been checking up on TDR lately. :moon:

Jeff,

Did you ever get my mail and PM's? I noticed my Inbox was full on TDR so I more than likely didn't get some of your PM's. :sorry:

Josh,

We're doing the jig method. Got the jig kit in from Cooker last Saturday morning. Hopefully all will go well. Got the shop cleaned out yesterday for the beast. :D I'll fill you guy's in tomorrow morning on how it goes and if we get it done. Hopefully the pin isn't out enough so we can't get the jig in. Also, hopefully it isn't all the way out because I have noticed some oil film on the timing cover/case and oil pan. I had promised the TDR members that I would get that bottom half pressure washed so I could find out the problem but it ain't fun in our climate during this season. :)

See ya and Merry Christmas,

Trever

DieselDood78

Reaction score
We were doing the Jig method at the KDP/BBQ at my place in July. It's pretty easy...if you want I can give you condensed directions....

DD

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got started on it and noticed the front cover gasket and seal for the crank were leaking so we had to tear that apart also. my brother and dad were removing the cover bolts when I had to take off for home, so I do not know of the fate yet.:confused: Damn Cummins!!:idiot: :Thumbs Up J/K

ProMac1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got it disassembled. I got suprised though. Darn KDP hadn't moved a bit at all. Was still inside the hole securely. So we made a tab and put that over the KDP and secured it with the bolt. I figured it'll save some time, save some metal from getting in the oil system from drilling through the cover, and will give it some extra insurance so it doesn't budge at all.

But no KDP movement at close to 120k miles!!! :hail :thanks:

Went to the parts store to pick up the parts that I needed. Got a belt while I was there. :eek: They cost enough. Got a front crankshaft seal also and some Blue Threadlocker. I asked them about replacing the timing cover gasket and they claimed that the engine doesn't use a gasket for the timing cover and that I should just use anaerobic gasket maker. :confused: They tried to sell me some but I have some already anyways. Is this what you guy's would use? Isn't there a gasket on the cover? I know there is "Three-Bond" on the cover side and then there is a black gasket. Is this what all the parts store's tell you? Also they told me to use RTV on the bolts. :confused:

Help!

Trever

P.S. I'll post some before and after pictures of the KDP.