Anyone got a good source for new D50 leaf springs?

BR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, your springs are worn out then, and a comparable replacement would definitely net some lift, but how much is hard to say since you already have an add a leaf.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
i contacted ATS Springs http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/

I told them about my truck and I looked on my drivers door sticker, my GAWR is 4600 and my spring code is 95A

Thanks for getting in contact with us today! We have two options of leaf springs here available for your truck. The first option is a direct replacement spring that will give you stock ride height on the vehicle. It is a 2 leaf, full taper spring and it comes with front and rear spring eye bushings pressed into the eyes. The price per spring (side) is $117.99. If you were looking for a spring that would give you about 1-1.5" of additional lift then that would run you $134.95 per spring.

We also carry full kits which would include the springs, bolts, U-bolts and shackles. Basically everything you would need to take off your old and replace with new.

Also another choice, they are based out of PA, so not sure on how much shipping will run ya.

Im still undecided if I want to get the lift or not, so I have to think about it more.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gh
I dont know where your at but santa rosa spring ( norcal) will do the rearch.

Cant find thier # right now

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up passing on the springs, other stuff came up that took priority over the might-as-well's. I got the tie rods replaced with new Moog ones, and that got rid of a LOT of the "I'm going to die" noises I was hearing. Before, the steering popped and creaked like mad when turning the wheel; now, the popping and most of the creaking is gone, the steering feels much tighter, and my wheels have absolutely zero side-to-side play in them now (I should have recorded a video, the old tie rods were just about destroyed). The remaining noises are probably from my leaf springs and/or something in the D50, but it doesn't sound like anything that's going to kill me today. I have time to save up for a D60 swap (or a full D50 rebuild, just to annoy someone) :D

Thanks for the help, everyone!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you interested in the d-50 i have?
its still under my 94 F250, but it will be coming out soon.
easier to rebuild it out of the truck and when time permits.
all you gotta do is help me pull it out :D

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer. If I had the space I would probably take you up on that, but we're trying to get rid of stuff from the house to get ready for a move soon. Taking up a quarter of the garage for a slow-moving project would probably cost me my cheap rent privileges LOL

I'm honestly not that worried about my D50. It's old and a POS by design, but my truck is a freeway cruiser and daily driver, it's not seeing much abuse. Something up front squeaks and creaks; it could be the D50, it could be the springs / bushings, it could be all in my head, who knows, but it's nothing loud enough to make me fear the reaper like those tie rods did.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance