anybady got sirius satelite radios

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
I installed the Sirius adapter today and it works great. The volume is about 1/3 louder than the small wire antenna that the receiver came with. It just plugs into the back of the Sirius receiver cradle so you can unplug the unit and move it to another vehicle just as easy as ever just plug in the small antenna wire that came with the unit. The wire that plugs into the receiver and runs to the antenna switch box is 18+ feet long and the antenna wire that plugs into the back of the radio is about a foot long. I like it :hail Total with shipping was 25 bucks.

http://www.tss-radio.com/direct-adap...ay-p-4082.html

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sweet;Sweet My factory truck antenna wire is busted so I don't have to worry about any "outside" interference. Sat radio isn't as loud as I would like but with no amps or anything it does ok. I'm glad the adaptor worked for you.;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a dumb question, but does the Sirrius tell you the time? Thing I hate about the factory 87' radio, is you cannot get the clock to display constantly. Maybe if I get a Sirrius, that will kill another bird with that stone.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I just pulled a Sirrus unit out of a Trailblazer that I purchased at the auction for someone, It got removed before the SUV was sold. Something else to install in Big Ed,..!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just pulled a Sirrus unit out of a Trailblazer that I purchased at the auction for someone, It got removed before the SUV was sold. Something else to install in Big Ed,..!

You sly devil;Sweet

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Sweet;Sweet My factory truck antenna wire is busted so I don't have to worry about any "outside" interference. Sat radio isn't as loud as I would like but with no amps or anything it does ok. I'm glad the adaptor worked for you.;Sweet

russ if you go into settings there is an output level control. mine (Sprotster R) was turned down from the factory. i turned it up full blast and it helped a lot with the low volume problem. it's almost as loud as the commercials on regular radio now:rotflmao

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
This is a dumb question, but does the Sirrius tell you the time? Thing I hate about the factory 87' radio, is you cannot get the clock to display constantly. Maybe if I get a Sirrius, that will kill another bird with that stone.

mel it depends. the cheap units do not tell time. my buddy has the cheapo and it's just a scrolling LED marquis.

nicer units are an LCD screen that does tell time along with the other stuff russ mentioned.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Rob, I have it turned up. It's not that its too low, I just enjoy listening to certain channels louder than any comericial radio :)

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
clouds are fine. deep valleys with dense tree cover or overpasses will kill the signal. its not bad though. except the antenna does have to be outside.

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
I got my antenna on the dash. It would probably be better outside but I don't want to hard mount it. It's snowing like a Mother here and the unit picks up fine. There are times when you may lose the signal but that only happens once in a great while.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
my antenna has a magnet. only problem is it scuffs the paint a little where it's mounted. it seems to be heated too because snow and ice are always melted on it

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm still debating what I want to do with the sound system in the Moosestang. It sucks pretty bad.