All around tire

Kheg

Reaction score
Tires I have recently run on my 3/4's (All were 10 ply):

265/75/16 Wild Country AT2-Good snow traction, so-so in mud light drone on the interstate.

265/75/16 Goodyear Silent Armor-Very good in snow, as good as Wild Country's in mud. Kinda sounds like a pack of Africanized bees following close behind (slight droning on interstate).

235/85/16 Wild Country XTX-Ok in snow really suck in mud by far the quietest on intestate. These are obviously also the narrowest tires I've listed.

We have a set of 235/85/16 Goodyear Duratrac's on a '95 F-Superduty at work, they look cool as heck but the many free standing lugs leave the truck with a bit of a squirmmy feeling when hauling heavy.

My two bits

All three tires had substantial siping.

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I know that but still I've heard alot of people complain because they don't get good tread life. I ran e rang with the set I had

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mickey thompson mtz tires got covered in oregon valley mud and wouldn't clean off at all. Pretty sure they are "mud" tires too. Interested in finding something that will do better without being offroad only ( i rarely see mud, but I would see it more if i didn't get stuck constantly)

They also got me stuck in wet grass, I knew better but seriously...

But I think anything that isn't fairly extreme would do the same for our mud

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My two wheel drive IDI was completely helpless off perfect ground, regardless of tires. I put mud tires on the back and still no good. In the 8 months I drove that truck I got stuck more then I had previously in my 20 years of driving. Lol

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Kheg

Reaction score
Tires I have recently run on my 3/4's (All were 10 ply):

265/75/16 Wild Country AT2-Good snow traction, so-so in mud light drone on the interstate.

265/75/16 Goodyear Silent Armor-Very good in snow, as good as Wild Country's in mud. Kinda sounds like a pack of Africanized bees following close behind (slight droning on interstate).

235/85/16 Wild Country XTX-Ok in snow really suck in mud by far the quietest on intestate. These are obviously also the narrowest tires I've listed.

We have a set of 235/85/16 Goodyear Duratrac's on a '95 F-Superduty at work, they look cool as heck but the many free standing lugs leave the truck with a bit of a squirmmy feeling when hauling heavy.

My two bits

All three tires had substantial siping.

I should have mentioned I'd buy the Silent Armor's again without hesitation. The AT2's would be my second choice.

Later.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got toyo AT2 and love them. Good wear on the road, quiet, and decent off road. E load range and a 50k factory warranty.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone's said it yet, but Mud Claw tires. They are off brand, but made by Cooper. They are a lot cheaper because of this, but awesome tires. Yes, they're mud tires, BUT, the tread blocks are sipped very well. They grip well whether it's dry, wet, or snow/ice and seem to wear pretty well too. I've got 2 on the front of Bruiser and I put them through the test on everything except actual mud LOL Recently had to move the truck while it was sinking in mud where it was parked and the front did all the pulling (37" Wrangler GS-A's on the rear). They even look kinda mean.