All around tire

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what's a good all around tire? I don't go out mud bogging but I don't want to be stuck in wet grass. But I want good tread life. I had duratrax on my dodge 1500 and loved them. I have the cooper stt max on my Ford now but they have no siping left.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I've run a few sets of BFG All Terrain. I've been pleased with the performance and tread life for on road use. Off road, wet grass/mud they kind of suck but my IDI doesn't have lockers so I can't really complain too much. Wouldn't want to go out on any trails with them. Currently cheaped out and run General Grabber AT/2 on the IDI. Performance is about the same as BFG All Terrain, I've run General tires previously off road (their BFG Mud Terrain equivalent), traction and tread life seemed comparable to BFG but sidewalls are weaker. I've cut them a few times in the woods. For on road use I don't think it's an issue.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Cooper Discoverer A/T3, which I am running, and the Hankook Dynapro ATm, which we have on our Expedition.
Both are available in 10 ply/ E rating. They both do sing a lot on the highway, though.

I've been in the wet woods a few times and traction has been quite good.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my experience most all terrain tires just look good on the vehicle and suck ass at anything off road cause the tread lugs fill up with mud in no time and then you just have a slick tire.You have mud tires and you have highway tires in my opinion. If your truck was locked in the rear then you might get some where.

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have a locker in the rear

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But what about the new hybrid mud/ at tires ? Like duratrax and the atzp3 Mikey Thompson offers ect

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm not lookiign to sink it axle deep in mud. But I'm thinking of a tire like stt max. I got the truck used so the tires are worn. So I don't know how well they do

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I vote the same Cooper Discoverer AT/3s, have em on my truck, had the old A/Ts on my old truck, they are about the best all around tire I've found, not real loud on the highway, good traction whether it's soft dirt in a field, algae slick boat ramp, or 6" or snow. ;Sweet

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Can't beat the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs I have a set on my Sub
Never been stuck and I've been in some hairy situations they have self cleaning lugs so the never fill with mud great tire for the price.

knightlogger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I loved them on my 1500 dodge but I heard on a diesel they wear faster

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I know I loved them on my 1500 dodge but I heard on a diesel they wear faster

LOL
God I love that one, always good for a laugh.
Of course they are gonna wear faster, put 'em on a 3/4 or tonner gasser and they'll wear faster because of the increased vehicle weight, then add another 800lbs engine for the diesel and they'll wear even faster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger