Tires

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting a couple of new tires.

It's taken me a while to find anything even close to what I have.

I have settled for a pair for the rear, that are slightly more aggressive than the old ones.

I need more aggressive tires where I live. The ones I have had on there do not get me through the winter. And make the truck a lot less useful for moving things around on my property, because they just fill up with mud, and become slicks.

The new ones are already on their way, so it might be a bit moot, but I thought I'd run is past all yall, and see what people think of them, overall.

They are Yokohamas.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/yokohama-geolandar-m-t-g003/p/42372

I have only heard good things about these tires, on other forums, in the past.

And I have a friend who had them on a toyota for many years and loved them. Good ride on the road, good grip off road, and in the rain, and surprisingly good tread longevity.

But I don't know if they are so well suited for our trucks.

What think all yall?

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
I put cheap off brand Chinese tires on both my F250 (4x Westlake S369 A/T) and RV (6x Travelstar EcoPath H/T A/S). All 10 ply, load range E. None have given me any problems. Probably made in the same factories with the same materials as the name brands.

Black dawg

Reaction score
I have a set of those tires, and traction is really good. They are kind of noisy at 40ish, but dont notice them after that. THey are narrow for size. Very round tires, little to no balancing.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of those tires, and traction is really good. They are kind of noisy at 40ish, but dont notice them after that. THey are narrow for size. Very round tires, little to no balancing.
Thank you!

I was hoping to hear from some who have used them.

And that is pretty much what my friend has been saying.

It's the good gription that has attracted me. The noise can be lived with.

Strangely enough, it is around 38 to 40 that the hopping and steering is the worst, with the bulged tire. So a tradeoff for noise... Meh. LOL

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can always turn the radio up, there's a point where you can't hold the steering wheel any tighter LOL
Bazactly! And the noise isn't going to suddenly throw my truck out of control, or cause an accident.

But I have a feeling that these particular tires are not going to be any more noisy than the ones I have been running.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pleased with my Yokohamas.
I run the HTX on the dually.
2 were made in Taiwan and 4 in Japan .?.
Anyway, 2 have about 20k and 4 have about 15k ... all look and ride good. IMHO as good as the Michelin that I've run before.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run Yokahamas on my vehicle (Geolander AT) the noise was annoying. That being said I have sold and installed many in my shop with very few complaints.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first 'official' report on these tires.

I have them on all 4 now, and I am loving these!

They have a lot more grip than the old ones.

The "GO" that you give to them, they give to the road. No holding back. No loss of traction. This may be an indication that they won't last for more that 50 to 60k... But with how little I drive, and given my age and health... That could be the life of me.

They stop on a dime.

The truck now corners as well as my camry.

The ride is much smoother.

Steer with one hand. The steering wheel almost doesn't move at all. Rock solid.Way better than with the old tires.

MPG is improved.I was averaging slightly less than 13mpg. Put two new tires on the back, went to 14. Now with new ones on all 4, I am averaging slightly more than 15. Doing the math, at today's fuel prices, the tires pay for themselves in approximately 30k miles. And again, who knows if I will even be around by then. Payoff comes sooner, if prices go up.

The only complaint I have is the noise. And I ain't complaining about that! To be honest, it is only bad enough to be noticeable. Turning the radio up a tiny bit, works. I suppose I could do some work to deaden the sound in the cab, and that would help as well. But it just isn't enough of a problem, to do all that. I have more important stuff to do.

All ten thumbs up!

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also: They had to back order my spare.

There were no more of these available, nationwide!

I can see why.

And that is something else I have heard about yokohamas. They tend to sell out. Then you have to wait.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online