Adding an intercooler to a sidewinder?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I aquired a sidewinder yesterday and I'd like to install it with an intercooler, I figured I'd just get a used unit from a PSD at a junkyard and fab up some lines from the turbo and then back to the bonet on the intake manifold, has anyone done this and have pictures? Hopefully I'll be able to install in a few weeks ;Sweet :D

The other issue is selecting a 4 inch exhaust for the animal, I believe 5" is out...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NapaBavarian said:
I aquired a sidewinder yesterday and I'd like to install it with an intercooler, I figured I'd just get a used unit from a PSD at a junkyard and fab up some lines from the turbo and then back to the bonet on the intake manifold, has anyone done this and have pictures? Hopefully I'll be able to install in a few weeks ;Sweet :D

The other issue is selecting a 4 inch exhaust for the animal, I believe 5" is out...
unlike STD, the "search" function is kick-ass here. Hope you have some time to kill today. hit the search button, type in "intercoolers" and find the thread "let's talk intercoolers" ....you're gonna be busy reading.