A little fun with a Dmax

Dockboy

Reaction score
The other day I am cruising up the road at about 35, when I look in my mirror and see this Dmax coming up on me quickly. He pulls up along side me at the same speed and I see Edge stickers above his Dmax badges. The way he was acting I knew he thought he was going to blow my doors off!! He nails it and so do I. We were dead even up to about 75 then I started to leave him.

We come up on traffic and he pulls along side and puts his window down and says shocked "What the hell you got in that thing??!!!:eek: I thought I had the baddest truck around here!!":sorry: I'm laughing and said "Just a couple things!:love: Lucky for you I just have my stock injectors right now!!(which I do:()" He say's "Well I have an Edge Attitude(I can see it at the bottom his A-pillar), you got to have propane or something???" I say "Nope, just good ole #2:cool "

We jockey around at the next light for a dead stop race and go to it. Dead even again untill my tc locks and then I start leaving him again;p

He had to turn at the next intersection and put the big:thumbsup: out the window.

Now I by no means have the baddest truck(far from it!) around but just thought I'd share my little experience :thanks:

Max Power

Reaction score
You got the wrong Dmax :shoot: :D There are some REALLY fast duramax's out there. As soon as I get my tranny done, I hope to be one of them ;) I haven't lost a race yet but I know there are faster Powestrokes and cummins then mine. That is the ****** part, no matter how fast you are there is always someone who is faster.

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by Thuglike
It's always good to read about a D-max getting his lunch fed to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No worries, by the time i am finished the only lunch most will get will be a skippy peanut butter sandwich:shoot: :eek: :D

Hoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is about time some one started posting on this forum!!!!!!

Juice I cant wait to see you run after your next "adjustment"!!!!!!!

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hoss
It is about time some one started posting on this forum!!!!!!

Juice I cant wait to see you run after your next "adjustment"!!!!!!!

Billet Goodies in 40 days..... you saw my smoke video?....holy **** that new bomb makes good smoke... and when stacked ..OMG... 0-60 in 1500+

but it sure blacks out tailgaters.... lol.... gotta be careful, don't want to get a bad rap for smoking like wags!

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
You got that right bro!:fight:

Man, you must have some wimpymaxes running around..... if ya come up here i'll make ya a peanutbutter sandwich!

BTW what were your last dyno numbers on straight #2?
:shoot: LOL

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havent dynoed in the last 6 months. Motor is coming out in the next couple of weeks for rods, cam and porting. Then I guess I'll have to get injectors sooner or later and put down mid to high 500's;)

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Sweet, nothing against other forms of fuel, but personally i like to push the envelope on #2
need more turbo to go much higher than i am already though:(

bones

Reaction score
Originally posted by Dockboy
The other day I am cruising up the road at about 35, when I look in my mirror and see this Dmax coming up on me quickly. He pulls up along side me at the same speed and I see Edge stickers above his Dmax badges. The way he was acting I knew he thought he was going to blow my doors off!! He nails it and so do I. We were dead even up to about 75 then I started to leave him.

We come up on traffic and he pulls along side and puts his window down and says shocked "What the hell you got in that thing??!!!:eek: I thought I had the baddest truck around here!!":sorry: I'm laughing and said "Just a couple things!:love: Lucky for you I just have my stock injectors right now!!(which I do:()" He say's "Well I have an Edge Attitude(I can see it at the bottom his A-pillar), you got to have propane or something???" I say "Nope, just good ole #2:cool "

We jockey around at the next light for a dead stop race and go to it. Dead even again untill my tc locks and then I start leaving him again;p

He had to turn at the next intersection and put the big:thumbsup: out the window.

Now I by no means have the baddest truck(far from it!) around but just thought I'd share my little experience :thanks:
one of two things have ocured,either the dmaxer has the weakest sorryiest one ever produced,or he just doesnt know how to drive it.a stock dmax with just a 90 hp chip has spanked every chipped and proaned stacked ford stroke 7.3 i have ever seen.on the 6.0 vs max the max usually wins the 8th with the 6.0 passing it to take the quarter.not trying to tick you off just explaining.il give you a head start with my max and track you down......:fight:

Dockboy

Reaction score
Re: Re: A little fun with a Dmax

Originally posted by bones
one of two things have ocured,either the dmaxer has the weakest sorryiest one ever produced,or he just doesnt know how to drive it.a stock dmax with just a 90 hp chip has spanked every chipped and proaned stacked ford stroke 7.3 i have ever seen.on the 6.0 vs max the max usually wins the 8th with the 6.0 passing it to take the quarter.not trying to tick you off just explaining.il give you a head start with my max and track you down......:fight:

:rotflmao LOL

Hey, I only know what he told me, what I saw, and what happened:sorry:

Maybe you are just seeing the wrong 7.3's;) By the way, I've done a little more than just slapped a chip in my truck!:rolleyes:

I put an Edge Attitude, exhaust , and intake in a buddy of mines 6.0 PSD for him and I still spank him every time!:kick: ;p

Last edited:

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: A little fun with a Dmax

Originally posted by Dockboy
:Maybe you are just seeing the wrong 7.3's;) By the way, I've done a little more than just slapped a chip in my truck!:rolleyes:

;) :D

jarhead

comfortably numb
Reaction score
Don't get fooled by dyno #s . Just cuz someone makes bigger #s than you on dyno doesnt mean hes gonna get down the 1/4 faster than you. The dyno is just a tool for tuning.

You V-8 guys rev pretty high and make some good HP. I got that little inline 6, it makes just over 1000ft lbs of torque @ 1900rpm on #2 only.

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jarhead
You V-8 guys rev pretty high and make some good HP. I got that little inline 6, it makes just over 1000ft lbs of torque @ 1900rpm on #2 only.
with the hybrid 530's the powerstroke are putting down 1000-1100 lbs at around 2200-2300 rpm.;)