A little fun with a Dmax

Got Juice?

Stack Daddy
Reaction score
Originally posted by jarhead
Juice, nobody makes a turbo for the dmax? That sucks! I know all about hi temps, I used to peg my 1600 deg. pyro back to the 8 O clock position ( about 2000 deg.) With my set up now I just hit 1500 deg. at 120mph. I'm sure you know, those temps will put nice little cracks in your head. I had 12 of them, around the exhaust valves, and some around the injector holes. I would'nt go any further until you can get more air in that motor.

you wanna know whats even worse?...... the pyro only goes to 1500F

in the Q/M prolly 1700+ i would imagine.

My last times with a badly slipping trans were in the 14.1 range with temps over 1500 for the last 1/8 mile.
trap speed was 101 mph.
brutal...... getting more tranny work soon and then i am gonna have to fab up a turbo... no doubt in my mind.

Dockboy

Reaction score
jarhead,

I have an ATS BB(Exactly the same as the Garrett). It actually stalls, then surges pretty bad at shifts on medium to medium heavy throttle with aggressive programming running:mad: As Chris said, at WOT it just gives a quick bark though.

I've talked with Bob Riley and what he is doing is opening the porting allitle more on the intake housing. He said it gets rid of about 90% of it. When I get a chance, I'm going to send my housing out to him.

Garrett is supposed to have a 1.15 exaust housing availabe for these BB GT38's this spring. I know it will help allot!!! I ran a Van Turbo w/ a 1.15 housing before the BB and it ran awsome but quickly got inefficient above 27-28 lbs. The 1.15 definitly helps with the drive pressure though:)

Dockboy

Reaction score
Originally posted by morepower02
Greg, Thanks for the clairification of Bob's mod for the BB

No problem Chris:love:

Last I talked to him, he had Garrett housings cores in stock so he could just send you one out and you would send your core back;) It's only like $80:cool

He didn't have any ATS's so I would have to send mine out to be done:(

morepower02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet, Definatly another job to have done when I pull the motor and the truck sits for a couple of weeks:cool

bones

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: A little fun with a Dmax

Originally posted by Dockboy
:rotflmao LOL

Hey, I only know what he told me, what I saw, and what happened:sorry:

Maybe you are just seeing the wrong 7.3's;) By the way, I've done a little more than just slapped a chip in my truck!:rolleyes:

I put an Edge Attitude, exhaust , and intake in a buddy of mines 6.0 PSD for him and I still spank him every time!:kick: ;p
sounds like it is a good 7.3:sorry: .but you must have a shart load of stuff done.i have a buddy with a 7.3,transgo tranny kit,allison tq con,biggest 7.3 chip he can get has a stacker programm,propane and nos.have seen lots of 7.3s at the track and he smokes em all.however my dmax with just a 90 hp chip will burn em unless he shoots the nos,or at least that was the case when it was new.my dmax has been tweaked and tuned into a power pounding rocket.with just tuning and a tranny upgrade from suncoast and a splash of nos i have made over 700hp,toped out the 1200lb tq curve on the dyno and ran the 8th mile in the 7s and i wont even bother you with the 1/4 times.my last rruck was on 01 dodge that was bombed and i loved it,and my dmax woulda been a ford ,but the loca dealer found out he couldnt get a torqueshift in a 7.3 and i didnt want a 6.0 so here i am.any way sounds like you have a good 7.3,but my original offer still stands;Poke

rommel

Reaction score
I raced some DMAX locally here in California and he supposedly had propane, and an edge juice module and I held him all the way up to 80 from a stop. He was like ***????? It blew some pretty darn good smoke. His was a dually and the ground was a little slick so I was definently having traction problems off the line. Both he and I were shocked to say the least, I thought he would have left me in the dust for sure. Our Fords aren't as slow as people think they are....

Dockboy

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: A little fun with a Dmax

Originally posted by bones
sounds like it is a good 7.3:sorry: .

Thanks, it is, but no I'm not sorry!

but you must have a shart load of stuff done.

I've done a little here and there;burnout

i have a buddy with a 7.3,transgo tranny kit,allison tq con

allison tq:Whatever: That's a new one on me!! I'm pretty current on what's available for the 4r100 and I've never heard that one! By the way, I have a BTS Tranny which is probably good for at least .5 sec. in the 1/4 over just a shift kit and tc;Poke

,biggest 7.3 chip he can get

It's all in how it's programmed and who programmed, not how big the chip is!;)

has a stacker programm

I guess you are talking about an ICP box?

any way sounds like you have a good 7.3,but my original offer still stands;Poke

Again, Thanks bones!:thanks: I like my truck very much and am always looking to do more.

I never said I could beat any Dmax out there, just that I happened to beat this one:fight: Hell, if you are doing 11's, you would clean my clock!! But that's ok, I can handle it! No matter how fast you are, there is always somebody faster!!:D :shake:

PSDs_and_5Liters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Got Juice?
Man, you must have some wimpymaxes running around..... if ya come up here i'll make ya a peanutbutter sandwich!

Id almost take ya up on that offer, cept I cant stand peanut butter sandwiches........;)

Hmm.....this Board needs a "smack talk" forum. I must live in an area that has a low concentration of diesel performance afficinados or something. I may have to take the ol F250 to the local street racing scene to see if I can get any takers...........

Last edited:

bones

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A little fun with a Dmax

Originally posted by Dockboy

allison tq:Whatever: That's a new one on me!! HEY I DONT KNOW CRAP AOUT FORDS,JUST WHAT THIS GUY TOLD ME.SAID IT HAD A TRANSGO SHIFT KIT AN AN ALLISON TQ CON

It's all in how it's programmed and who programmed, not how big the chip is!;) I COULDNT AGREE MORE.

I guess you are talking about an ICP box?NOT REALLY SURE WHAT YOU MEAN ,BUT HE TOLD ME HE HAS PROGRAMS FOR 8TH MILE TRIPS AND 1/4S AS WELL. AND ALSO FOR WITH AND WITHOUT LP AND NOS

I never said I could beat any Dmax out there, just that I happened to beat this one:fight: Hell, if you are doing 11's, you would clean my clock!! But that's ok, I can handle it! No matter how fast you are, there is always somebody faster!!:D [/B]
TRUE