'93 F-250 Dually: Pre-King Ranch "King Ranch"?

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this truck last winter sight unseen from pictures from a dealer in Fla. All I was really concerned with was getting a rust free base to start restoring from, and it is all that, just minor wear and dents to resolve.

The interesting thing about it is it's a dually F-250. Pretty sure that isn't factory, so someone did a conversion, and a nice looking one at that. This year was a blur so I really didn't get to start working on until recently, but finally went through the interior this week and in the glove compartment is all the original manuals and the dealer window sticker (says it was a styleside long box), and the owners service card with the name "King Ranch Manatee".

I looked that up, it's King Ranch's Citrus farms in Florida. Carfax says the first owner had it for 10 years. Since there is a known, longstanding relationship between King Ranch and Ford I'm wondering if they had the dually conversion performed and if there was any collaboration between them and Ford at this point (first King Ranch trim level was 2001). At the least I'd like to know when and by whom it was done.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Truck Sir!

I'm pretty sure Centurion did a dually conversion too.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I knew Centurion did "upgrade packages", but didn't know about dually conversions, have to look into that. Other than the duals and slightly different repaint it appears to be all stock and exactly as on the window sticker. I'd love it if someone knew something. I'm gonna write to KR Fla and see if any old timers know anything about it.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've known about the King Ranch most of my life, and never knew they had operations in Florida! https://king-ranch.com/operations/citrus/
Eli

Likewise I never imagined a Citrus ranch when I thought of King Ranch until I found that customer care card. Hell, I didn't know it was a real thing at all for the longest time I just thought it was another trim level like Lariat.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My step dad had a 'F250 super cab dually', mid to late 80s model. I seem to remember there was a time period you could only get regular cab or crew cab duallys, so if you wanted a super cab dually they had to be custom built.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No f250's were ever dually's from the factory, so we know that part is custom. We also know Ford never made a 4x4 dually pickup before 1999, so we know that part is custom also. That is why the blue truck started out as a single rear wheel, so it could have a 4x4 frontend.

The last comment about no f350 extended cab trucks if true, is another custom feature isn't it? That blue truck has every combination that Ford didn't have.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No f250's were ever dually's from the factory, so we know that part is custom. We also know Ford never made a 4x4 dually pickup before 1999, so we know that part is custom also. That is why the blue truck started out as a single rear wheel, so it could have a 4x4 frontend.

The last comment about no f350 extended cab trucks if true, is another custom feature isn't it? That blue truck has every combination that Ford didn't have.

I scratched my head over that "F-250 Dually" thing a while before I decided to buy it and decided it wasn't factory but nice anyway. I'm still working my way through it all inside and out.

Is it TTB or dana 60 front end? Nice find by the way!

Thanks! It's a TTB. Another oddity about it is it's not using hub extensions on the front like a normal dually, it's just running stock steel wheel on the front with a dually simulator hubcap. This seems kind of strange to me but like franklin2 notes it's got a lot of oddities about it. Anyone know if there's some kind of issue running extensions on a TTB? I'd like to have 6 of the same wheel if I could

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My step dad had a 'F250 super cab dually', mid to late 80s model. I seem to remember there was a time period you could only get regular cab or crew cab duallys, so if you wanted a super cab dually they had to be custom built.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

My dad had a '78 supercab 4wd 4spd (gasser obvs) that's what he made me take my drivers test in when I was 16. I wanted a supercab 4wd ever since, the dually and 7.3idi is a super bonus :D

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an '88 f250 centurion dually conversion. I beleive the rear springs were upgraded (sits good with 5th attached). I havent had the front apart but it has dually wheels and TTB.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
MSRP is equivalent to $47.7k of today's dollars. IDI was a $3900 option.

Just for fun but a 4x4 extended cab F-250, 4x4/powerstroke, lariat trim with no other options, msrp of around $60k. Whats really crazy is that an XL truck of today is nicer optioned then the older lariats.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scratched my head over that "F-250 Dually" thing a while before I decided to buy it and decided it wasn't factory but nice anyway. I'm still working my way through it all inside and out.

Thanks! It's a TTB. Another oddity about it is it's not using hub extensions on the front like a normal dually, it's just running stock steel wheel on the front with a dually simulator hubcap. This seems kind of strange to me but like franklin2 notes it's got a lot of oddities about it. Anyone know if there's some kind of issue running extensions on a TTB? I'd like to have 6 of the same wheel if I could
You could, but you would likely have no suspension travel thanks to the TTB design.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an '88 f250 centurion dually conversion. I beleive the rear springs were upgraded (sits good with 5th attached). I havent had the front apart but it has dually wheels and TTB.

If you have a pic of the hub extensions I'd be interested in seeing them.

You could, but you would likely have no suspension travel thanks to the TTB design.

What is it about the TTB that would cause that? This is the first truck I've owned with this. The wheels would be at the same fulcrum point, a hub extender to push it out and the dished dually wheel to bring it back...

PS this is the elephant trunk I bought from you last spring, looks nice :D