80cc IDIPerformance pumps in stock

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been checking for pumps everyday for about 3 months now, just saw them in stock and got one. Two 80cc pumps left.

Also 5 of the 80cc NA pumps

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked to him Monday and he said Wednesday after hours so today I was checking every 30 minutes got the 90 it sold out in 2 hours very happy

Attachments

• IMG_0877.png
    IMG_0877.png
    346.2 KB · Views: 7

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also 5 of the 80cc NA pumps
Four as of a few minutes ago...I jumped on the bandwagon mostly because you guys recommend this company as one of the few that actually are good to deal with and stand behind their product.

I decided to get one and see if I can get some improvement in performance...I plan on doing injectors and glow plugs as well...

I don't know how many miles or hours are on the IP I am running...the previous owner put a used one on...and couldn't tell me the history of it...so...a newly rebuilt and blueprinted IP would be a step in the right direction...

Thank you, Blind Ambition for the heads up...

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear he’s doing IPs again. I checked every day for months last year, and eventually was told via email he had no ETA on them because he was busy building engines. Small business, I get it, but I was bummed.

It was a stressful time when my IP was slowly failing and I was checking R&D and Russ daily waiting for an in-stock IP.

My advice to anyone considering doing an IP anytime soon: jump on these while they are available!

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Only 1 of the HPNA pumps left! Popular I see. I ordered a Moose pump a while ago, will be here in a few days. I ordered stock turbo calibration, not looking for big power, only need enough. Really a NA 7.3 can move an unloaded truck alright, NA 6.9 is a bit weak in my opinion, will have a Hypermax Turbo 7.3 in my 86 here if I stop procrastinating… Hypermax kits are not known for power, but they have treated me well and the kit appears to be of good quality. Not many out there I guess. As long as it can drive around town without being the biggest slug out there… the NA 6.9 that was in my 86 was slower than a loaded semi, and only weighed 7000 lbs!

I’m curious, are most of yall on here ordering these R&D pumps for performance builds? Or just a normal turbo 6.9/7.3?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As long as it can drive around town without being the biggest slug out there
Your town? I used to know (although I don't like to admit it) a couple of guys who lived there who had mostly non running junk sitting around. I'll bet your truck would beat them all in a drag race even if you gave them a 1/8 mile head start!
I’m curious, are most of yall on here ordering these R&D pumps for performance builds? Or just a normal turbo 6.9/7.3?
I don't know, but I would have to guess both.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I tried to order one from them for a 100% stock build, but they were out of stock at the time.

When my pump inevitably bites the dust, I'm going to try and get a 90cc pump/injectors from them. But I'm also going to head stud and intercool mine at the same time.

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@KansasIDI In my case, I am going for reliablility on a 6.9 with ATS turbo. Either Russ or RnD were my top choices, can't go wrong with either. I have Russ' cam that I will be installing with the RnD pump alongside Comp Cams springs and shims, no studs yet. I went with RnD for pump because Russ specifically says no warranty when using WMO, while RnD has no specific stipulation and I will be running WMO. For injectors I'd go with Russ because his are available on a normal basis and I'm not running higher CC fueling.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@KansasIDI In my case, I am going for reliablility on a 6.9 with ATS turbo. Either Russ or RnD were my top choices, can't go wrong with either. I have Russ' cam that I will be installing with the RnD pump alongside Comp Cams springs and shims, no studs yet. I went with RnD for pump because Russ specifically says no warranty when using WMO, while RnD has no specific stipulation and I will be running WMO. For injectors I'd go with Russ because his are available on a normal basis and I'm not running higher CC fueling.
I did order injectors from Russ
Your town? I used to know (although I don't like to admit it) a couple of guys who lived there who had mostly non running junk sitting around. I'll bet your truck would beat them all in a drag race even if you gave them a 1/8 mile head start!

I don't know, but I would have to guess both.
Really it doesn’t matter if your 10,000 lb truck makes 40 horsepower in Council Grove, unless you are trying to pull away from the southbound traffic stoplight. The local gov has it set too fast and sits there and pulls people over for red lights. Either run a red or speed not to, then they’ll probably nail you for that. A while ago someone snapped and attacked the cop who pulled him over, he went to jail for a while and the cop actually went to the hospital. I’m nor saying that the guy shouldn’t have snapped. Would jave been better without violence, but I think the citizens of Morris County should revolt. Nonviolently capture the courthouse or something.

Really by driving around town I mean Manhattan. Depends on the time of day, but it can be a pain to drive in a slow moving vehicle. Also want enough power to pull a trailer decent. Doesn’t have to be the fastest thing out there.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet your truck would beat them all in a drag race even if you gave them a 1/8 mile head start!
You just reminded me of sumptin'....remember the Cash for Clunkers program..? I was gonna trade in an....aerostar van...(aerostars have been mentioned lately in not-too-favorable-light...) On a Focus with a 5 speed....none to be had...everybody else wanted one, too....

So...I was gonna settle for a chevy hhr...but...it absolutely had to have a back window defroster....

....so I could keep my hands warm while I was pushing it....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Perfectly understandable. Although I always preferred Salina over Manhattan or Junction City. I never did spend a lot of time in Manhattan.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Salina is good, can actually get stuff there. Manhattan actually doesn’t seem to have any more stuff than Council Grove. It’s a town of fluff. Council Grove, you can get most parts during hours, and there is nothin to do. Manhattan, not much you can do in that town, other than wild partyin, which I don’t do, but the population is higher. Most my friends are from the Manhattan area. Wrenchin on stuff with other people, the right people, can make things much faster and better, in my opinion. I don’t hang out with anybody around Council Grove except my coworkers off duty on occasion. Even then not often.

I grew up closer to Manhattan and really never left the social scene up there. Us gearheads mostly keep to ourselves, but among each other. I’m not sayin we don’t do anything just plumb stupid, there’s been a few questionable situations… but we try to keep within the law.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel