6.9 with a Blower

tuckerd1

WAR DAMN EAGLE!
Reaction score
"Functional, but does not add any significant power."

Then why? Is it just me, but I'm not into "just looks good" items that cost this much.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same one was on Ebay some time back. Didn't show pics of the engine that time either. Hard to imagine how the blower is mounted with the IP in the way.

Rick

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
My guess is that there is increased performance, sucked up by the horsepower used to spin the blower so the net gain is "0"!

I know on my buddies pulling truck (Ford 460) they break his blower in with a LT1 350 with a TH350 trans. They say it takes all that combo has (350 HP) to turn the thing! While I am guessing this one doesn't take 350 HP, it prolly takes 100 or so at least, so gains are negligible.

I am like all you though, if it don't make it go faster/pull harder/save fuel etc. why bother, especially at the cost of 6-71's these days. Could have prolly turboed it for half the price.

2manydsls

Reaction score
I'm betting that either the blower is not functioning or the drive gearing is wrong. The 671 was designed for approx. the same cu. in. diesel engine.
Ross

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
2manydsls said:
I'm betting that either the blower is not functioning or the drive gearing is wrong. The 671 was designed for approx. the same cu. in. diesel engine.
Ross

Could be. I was assuming the rotors were spinning, but after re-reading (the part about hearing you coming I assumed was blower noise) the statement about hearing you coming, I see they are talking about straight exhaust. Blower may just be an idler pully.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The blower manufactor is just 3 miles from my home. I went to BDS (Blower Drive Service) and asked the design staff about this truck. They told me they had nothing to do with building it. I even showed them the pictures. They agreed it had BDS parts but knew nothing nor did they have the intake manifold for it. They did say they could fabricate the manifold for me but it would cost around $18,000.00 to $20,000.00. ;Really :rotflmao . I guess I looked like I could afford that...... :Sly Nice looking but not very practical at all. Kinda like spinners on our trucks..... :rolleyes:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think he is "warning" the buyer that it is not all of "what things appear to be"
btw...the tags on the truck are '05 tags.

Attachments

• hotair.JPG
    hotair.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 13

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw that truck for sale last year on Fleebay too. Why are there throttle plates on a diesel? cookoo What are they attached to........the throttle cable on the IP? :bs Not real sure what's up with that truck. I don't like the fact that there are no under the hood photo's. It would be cool if it where a real functional mod. Otherwise.......why? I'd be very surprised if it makes it to the $8000 dollar reserve. Anywho....denfinately different.

ON EDIT: Just relooked at those photo's. Those throttle plates aren't attached to anything! The little pivot arm on the passenger's side has no cables/linkage at all. How does air get into the intake with those plates closed all the time? I'd like to ask the girl some questions (I say girl because of the plates....EMILEE1).

Heath

Last edited:

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking truck. Too bad that isn't a turbo. I guess one could always sell it and buy a turbo though.

The big D

The big D
Reaction score
I have seen some jacked up things in my time...It is one of those trucks that you like to talk about, but wouldn't want to be seen in. I rode in one of those trucks before pulling cattle all over God's country and it wasn't anything to brag about. And in my opinion this one isn't either. Nice to talk about, but nothing to brag about.