6.9 parts and upgrades

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
I have an old 6.9 in a truck I just bought and have a few problems with the old engine. I preasure washed it off and realized that I have a few injectors leaking and realized that the glowpluggs are unhooked, I tested one of the glowplugs and nothing. Were is the best place to look for parts I'm also looking at maybe putting a turbo on it. Its a good running old engine with only 79000 on it but its been sitting in a field in a wrecked truck. Any advice would help:thanks:

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
>>> BETTER LATE THAN NEVER <<<

I don't know myself, but I am sure some of the smarter guys around here will have you up and running in timely fashion. ;Sweet

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Are the injectors leaking where they thread into the head or the return line set? A return line set isn't hard to install if that's the case. As for the gp's, i'd find some motorcraft's for it. Many parts stores still carry them, some can be found on eBay and other online parts places as well. Does it have bullet or spade connectors on the gp's? That would be the start of diagnosis (determining which kind of gp controller it has).