6.5 died

Joey D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve, I never got the IFS ride issue's. I would never consider my truck a smooth ride or anything other than truck like. I think the Dodge rides better, it has more corner lean but it is a better ride on the highway, I say it's the progresive coils. Offroad forget it, this is where the 1/2 tons with the softer springs flex a little more and don't pogo as much. I like the debates with you guys as longh as it's in good fun.

White Ram

Reaction score
Joey, one of us must be wrong or just different opinions of ride goodness.

The newer GM's I have been in have had real nice smooth rides, I had to try to spill my coke in their new trucks. Yet they seem to splii coke, coffee, and whatever else in my truck on a regular bases. They keep blaming the bumps.

steve

DetroitDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built a big tough truck to withstand the abuse of off roading. It sucked to drive off road, because the beefy drivetrain was so heavy. Even my Jeep was a backbreaker. I have found that atvs are where its at. Ten times more fun off road than a truck, plus it doesnt beat the hell out of your daily driver.

Maybe some of the reason I love the ride of my Chevy is that I spend 10 or 11 hours a day driving various International, Freightliner and Hino trucks, but mostly my 87 International 30 ton, so at the end of the day when I slide into the little pickup, it feels like a Cadillac.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7