6.0 possible injector issues

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if You aren’t getting a reading on the MAF then you need to determine if it’s the PID, the sensor, the plug, or the wiring.

The PID I can’t help with. I don’t use torque pro enough to determine.

The sensor, the plug, and the wiring can all be checked with a multimeter.

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FICM, the FICM plug, or wire harness are probably the culprit there.

The FICM to injector wiring harness has two plugs on the FICM. One plug controls two enjectors on the drivers side and two injectors on the passenger side. Same for the other plug.

Typically a fail on two injectors per engine bank, is a bad FICM. Not always. But usually.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
The FICM, the FICM plug, or wire harness are probably the culprit there.

The FICM to injector wiring harness has two plugs on the FICM. One plug controls two enjectors on the drivers side and two injectors on the passenger side. Same for the other plug.

Typically a fail on two injectors per engine bank, is a bad FICM. Not always. But usually.
Well his scanner showed my ficm to be reading good it’s 2 injectors on side and 2 on the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Let’s back up and pretend this is the beginning. His scanner shows two injector electrical faults on each bank.

Ok. So. What’s the next step?

Because I’m on the road and can’t type a novel. Let me leave this with you. It can be argued what the correct path is. But this is a decent one to take.

https://www.hotshotsecret.com/diagnostic-trouble-code-p0261-p0264-p0267-p0270/
Alright I’ll have um do that tomorrow.cause it failed the buzz test and the runnin test where he shuts each injector off.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Well for 50 bucks I bought a new ficm harness it’ll be here next Friday so this will rule out a harness issue if everything else checks out

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Where'd you get the new harness for $50? Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach
eBay i only bought it Incase my plugs are messed up or anything it’s the same thing all the diesel sites sell

bismic1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably already in a previous posts, but could you summarize which 4 they are?

NM - I see it is 1,4,6,7

They all come from one connector and one drive module of the FICM.

C1388A (X-1) Connector: Injector Control, Cyl. 1,4,6,7 (end plug 0 nearest the fire wall).

It is either the FICM, harness connector at the FICM, or the harness itself (less likely). It is virtually impossible for these 4 injectors to fail randomly.

Last edited:

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok we’re back to the original problem now it’ll be Monday before I can get it scanned probably but we pulled the ficm off and I did the zip tie trick and popped the plugs back in and she’s good to go.back to poppin and smokin but it’s not runnin on 4 cylinders now lol

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sttionat
Probably already in a previous posts, but could you summarize which 4 they are?

NM - I see it is 1,4,6,7

They all come from one connector and one drive module of the FICM.

C1388A (X-1) Connector: Injector Control, Cyl. 1,4,6,7 (end plug 0 nearest the fire wall).

It is either the FICM, harness connector at the FICM, or the harness itself (less likely). It is virtually impossible for these 4 injectors to fail randomly.

This is pretty much what I would have typed last night if I hadn’t been on the road.

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok we’re back to the original problem now it’ll be Monday before I can get it scanned probably but we pulled the ficm off and I did the zip tie trick and popped the plugs back in and she’s good to go.back to poppin and smokin but it’s not runnin on 4 cylinders now lol

Which four cylinders now?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I’m sttionat

This is pretty much what I would have typed last night if I hadn’t been on the road.
That issues fixed I did the zip tie trick to keep the plugs in so we’re back to the start of the issues now lol I’m waitin for Monday so the guy can bring his scanner agian

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Which four cylinders now?
It’s hittin on all 8 now just not right it’s over fueling agian.1-4-6-7 one of them is the problem now.we unplugged the passenger side with it running and it was popping and smoking still. We didn’t mess with the drivers side yet we’re just gonna use the scanner but when them 4 injectors weren’t working we no longer had the over fueling or popping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.