6.0 possible injector issues

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please, hook up the scanner add in the rest of the PIDs requested earlier (MAF volts, Baro for example). Drop the FICM lower voltage PIDs if you need to make space. Keep the FICM PID that reads 48v.

Then do not crank the truck, do not bump the starter, nothing. Just turn the key forward to the run position.

Record the values.

My concern with your VGT numbers is the one showing 94%. I’m not aware of a VGT value over 85.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Can you please, hook up the scanner add in the rest of the PIDs requested earlier (MAF volts, Baro for example). Drop the FICM lower voltage PIDs if you need to make space. Keep the FICM PID that reads 48v.

Then do not crank the truck, do not bump the starter, nothing. Just turn the key forward to the run position.

Record the values.

My concern with your VGT numbers is the one showing 94%. I’m not aware of a VGT value over 85.
Yes I will do it tomorrow I had um all in there and for some reason they cleared out when I went back in to scan the truck and by then I had forgot which other ones y’all had asked for.but key on not bumping it if I remember right nothin popped up it didn’t show ficm sync or really anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The FICM sync and cam/crank sync are important when cranking and running.

For the KOEO those two should read O or none.

But leave them in there. Not worth taking them out just to add them back when doing a cranking or running diagnostic.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
The FICM sync and cam/crank sync are important when cranking and running.

For the KOEO those two should read O or none.

But leave them in there. Not worth taking them out just to add them back when doing a cranking or running diagnostic.
Alright well both of them are good then when cranking and running.which pids do you want me to add in so I know exactly the right one.you said Baro and map?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
In the earlier mentioned Google search for backfiring, I saw some mentions of vgt actuator.
Maybe try unplugging it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
In the earlier mentioned Google search for backfiring, I saw some mentions of vgt actuator.
Maybe try unplugging it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I actually was talkin to an old ford mechanic on the phone earlier and he said that that could be causing it cause the vanes might be sticking partly.problem is the truck won’t even run good enough to test that.it don’t pop anymore though

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright well both of them are good then when cranking and running.which pids do you want me to add in so I know exactly the right one.you said Baro and map?

Below is my typical setup for the software I run on an iPhone. But all of these should be available in Torque Pro.

I occasionally switch a few out.

But most times, these two screens are what I have running.

All of these PIDs are running at the same time. I just flip between the screens to view them.

If you will put all of these in then it gives a pretty good picture of things going on.

As far as a sticking turbo goes. It’s always a possibility. How long did the truck sit between when it ran, was tore down, and then back running?

At an idle when your scanner shows the VGT percentage change values, does the exhaust tone change to match?

Something to keep in mind, depending on the “strategy” of your programming the following sensors have to work properly for a VGT learn cycle to function
MAF
VGT
BARO
EBP

Not every strategy uses all of the sensors to run the truck.

For example pretty much every 03 and early 04, uses a false value for the ebp sensor. So the ecm spoofs the number. However the ecm has to see a working ebp sensor to allow the truck to run correctly.
Some trucks don’t use the BARO at all.

Their are a bunch of odd combos with 6.0 trucks, ecm, and FICM.

Last edited:

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Below is my typical setup for the software I run on an iPhone. But all of these should be available in Torque Pro.

I occasionally switch a few out.

But most times, these two screens are what I have running.

All of these PIDs are running at the same time. I just flip between the screens to view them.

If you will put all of these in (boost optional) then it gives a pretty good picture of things going on.

As far as a sticking turbo goes. It’s always a possibility. How long did the truck sit between when it ran, was tore down, and then back running?

At an idle when your scanner shows the VGT percentage change values, does the exhaust tone change to match?

Something to keep in mind, depending on the “strategy” of your programming the following sensors have to work properly for a VGT learn cycle to function
MAF
VGT
BARO
EBP

Not every strategy uses all of the sensors to run the truck.

For example pretty much every 03 and early 04, uses a false value for the ebp sensor. So the ecm spoofs the number. However the ecm has to see a working ebp sensor to allow the truck to run correctly.
Some trucks don’t use the BARO at all.

Their are a bunch of odd combos with 6.0 trucks, ecm, and FICM.

What app is that and the truck didn’t sit long maybe 2 weeks inbetween all this.and no the vgt is always on my vgt never kicks out like some 6.0’s if that’s what your referring to.otherwise as far as I can tell it sounds like it’s spooling normal.and a sticking turbo from bein babied is unlikely with this truck imma say it was ran hard before I got it if he grenaded the transmission but the turbo could still stick

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is OBD Fusion for iPhone with the ford advanced option.

They charge $10 for the additional PIDs and you cannot program your own PIDs. Just select from their list.

However it’s very easy to use, it runs smooth. It does not offer any model specific tests though.

I use it because it’s a simple app to use and explain to my customers.

I also use FORScan and AutoEnginuity on iPhone and PC.

Most of the time I use OBD Fusion if I’m on my iphone. Then AutoEnginuity if I’m on my laptop.

I’ve used a bunch of others on iPhone and a few on android(TorquePro, CarGaugePro).

But I carry an iPhone daily in my pocket so...

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put this together. It’s a bit tight. But I’m digging it. I’ll rearrange a few items. This was just my first run at it.

I never put any time into building an all in one screen layout. This covers most everything I need to look at on a regular basis, on one page.

I prefer the digital vs analog style. I’m just used to it from IDS and AutoEnginuity.
But if you didn’t want to stuff 15 displays on the screen, the analog could be setup so that the needles all pointed a certain direction when everything was optimum for a certain condition.

But change the condition and the needles would all be pointing different directions.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
What dongle are you using? I’ve wanted AutoEngunity, but other thinks take precedence.

I always have my iPhone and/or iPad. So a dongle and OBD Fusion would work....then get autoeneinuity later.

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What dongle are you using? I’ve wanted AutoEngunity, but other thinks take precedence.

I always have my iPhone and/or iPad. So a dongle and OBD Fusion would work....then get autoeneinuity later.

I have a box full of them at this point. Some work better than others depending on the truck and the communication protocol.

This is the one that I typically recommend. It’s not the cheapest and far from the most expensive. But it gets the job done and has been reliable. It is available in a WiFi model for use with iOS and devices and Bluetooth for android and PC devices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online