6.0 possible injector issues

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I've seen, forscan is replacing AE.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

FORScan works very well. I tend to tell guys to try it out before spending the money on AutoEnginuity.

I use AE quite a bit because it serves my purposes well and I use it on Duramax and Cummins. But FORScan is a really good software for the Ford guys.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
koeo my mass air flow sensor is unhooked since my intakes off so I didn’t add that gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put your intake on and hook up your MAF.

Besides your battery voltage being low, it looks normal. Get a charger on that truck.

Add in the MAF volts and EBP PIDs.

Let’s make sure those are correct.

Also on the ICP volts PID, adjust it to show two decimal places.

Do another KOEO.

Then once we know those are correct, take a video of the truck cranking and idling.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Put your intake on and hook up your MAF.

Besides your battery voltage being low, it looks normal. Get a charger on that truck.

Add in the MAF volts and EBP PIDs.

Let’s make sure those are correct.

Then once we know those are correct, take a video of the truck cranking and idling.
Ok I will the Maf didn’t change nothin and I’ve had 2 sets of jumper cables and nothin else really changed. Unplugging the vgt shut the vgt off and made it run even worse and made it die

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can verify the MAF for the KOEO test by just plugging it in, without installing the intake. However you need the MAF to see airflow during cranking and idling.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
You can verify the MAF for the KOEO test by just plugging it in, without installing the intake. However you need the MAF to see airflow during cranking and idling.
Alright y’all I’ll do that.weve got a guy comin up to try his snapon scanner on it to see if he can do cylinder cut outs

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I will the Maf didn’t change nothin and I’ve had 2 sets of jumper cables and nothin else really changed. Unplugging the vgt shut the vgt off and made it run even worse and made it die

So what were the MAF values KOEO, what were they at idle? If you don’t know this, you need to. Depending on the strategy, the computer uses these numbers for a few import things, including operating the VGT.

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn’t mean the truck has ever performed a VGT learn. I was giving an example of how one sensor is related to another component.

Crawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What myself and the other guys are asking you to do by selecting all of the correct PIDs and getting a good complete KOEO test completed, is to not only help spot a possible issue; but also to establish a baseline.

Once we verify that everything reports correctly KOEO, we can move on to the next diagnostic step.

As stated before, I do have a concern about your low battery voltage. Bad batteries, bad cables, or bad grounds, can wreak havoc on the rest of the electronics.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
It doesn’t mean the truck has ever performed a VGT learn. I was giving an example of how one sensor is related to another component.
Ya I understand that I was just sayin but the maf won’t work idk if it’s the pid for it or what but it’s hooked up and won’t read