$500 Idi, allison w/compressor

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wander if that power steering pump is better than the light duty truck one?...

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

I would think so with it being a heaver truck, my guess is the average brinks truck weights 20,000lbs+ so I think a beefed up pump would be required to help turn the larger tires with the extra weight of the truck.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Oh hell yes thats a good deal. If only I had the time, money and space for it. I'm a hopeless collector of stuff... Sad day it is but wait.. there will be other surprises to come along...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wander if that power steering pump is better than the light duty truck one?...
I'm going off of memory here, but I recall in one of the DT466 swap threads, them talking about needing to do some work on the IH power steering pump because it was putting out too much pressure for the Ford power steering system (gearbox, lines, hydroboost) to handle. I don't know if IH used the same pumps on the smaller engines, but that's something to consider...

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm going off of memory here, but I recall in one of the DT466 swap threads, them talking about needing to do some work on the IH power steering pump because it was putting out too much pressure for the Ford power steering system (gearbox, lines, hydroboost) to handle. I don't know if IH used the same pumps on the smaller engines, but that's something to consider...

I'm remember that. It was the dt's though. But same pump probably.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk