4x4

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to try my conversion idea. Take an IFS front end off an F-150 or Bronco. It will bolt right up. Use your existing coil springs. You can then upgrade the 1/2 ton front axle to 8 lug using the method I used on my Bronco.

do you have any pics i would like to see what your talking about:thumbsup:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I love all the complaining about turning a cc. Does everyone drive broncos or something? The only placeI even have the slightest issue is tight mall parking lots. At that point I try to find a row that is against an island and most importantly, BACK into every parking spot you choose to occupy. Towing trailers, navigating my yard, the crew cab long bed hasn't been that bad.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I parted out a crew cab dually 4x4 and it turned pretty decent, I could get it in and out of the trees pretty easily. The 460 and 5 speed made it real easy to sldie the rearend around corners as well! I could jump the rearend off the ground in second gear while idling down the road.

The only problems I had was keeping an eye on the fenders.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i loved the way mine turned it seemed to turn sharper then my old ladys crown vic lol but i would like some more helpfull advise

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x4 definately needed on the cc long bed. I had a 2wd before....sold it when my brotherinlaws dodge had to push me up a hill on wet grass-cuss:cry:

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the 250 or 350 changeover is pretty easy once you get the parts.

Agmen...will the f150 springs actually hold the front end up on these truxks?

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the 250 or 350 changeover is pretty easy once you get the parts.

Agmen...will the f150 springs actually hold the front end up on these truxks?

he said to use your stock springs lol so what would i need

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A CCLB 4wd is hard to find for the slantnoses. I had to take 2 trucks that were almost junk, and use the body and frame rails off of one, and everything else off of the donor. 1 truck had been sitting in a field under a tree and had a drive train that was rotting away, the other caught on fire so the cab and interior were junk, but the rest of the chassis was in good shape. Both of these trucks were about to be hauled to the scrap yard when I got them. So 2 junk trucks can make 1 good one.

As for the turning radius of a CCLB, mine is nothing short of terrible. But it's definitely worth it. It doesn't seem too bad until you drive a little crap box car through a parking lot and realize what a PIA your truck is. The way I see it, it keeps my family more active because when we go to the store we always park way the hell in the back of the parking lot and walk.

Some of us want 4wd for driving in snow, not off roading. And low range is really nice for parking big trailers.

johnboggs21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to try my conversion idea. Take an IFS front end off an F-150 or Bronco. It will bolt right up. Use your existing coil springs. You can then upgrade the 1/2 ton front axle to 8 lug using the method I used on my Bronco.

hmm i have access to a junk 87 F150 and a desire to make my 93 F250 4wd.......just how involved would this be?

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Don't be discouraged, if there is a bodystyle/drivetrain combo you are looking for, go after it. You have sold the truck you wanted to convert, now find the truck you want.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in april i plan on getting another cc 5 speed. the only reason i post this is its hard to find a cc 4x4 5 speed idi so i think ill have to make one