4x4

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
dont do that. swap isnt to bad. first time took me a week working after work.
second time took a weekend.
third took a day.

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
Just need a good donor truck.

Jono:

If you have a good donor truck, and its 4x4, then your done. End of story.

I can see the merit in making 1 good truck out of 2 bad trucks.

Making 1 good truck out of 1 bad truck and 1 good truck is a waste of your time.

And making 1 good truck out of 2 good trucks is a waste of your time and deprives someone of a good truck. WHY?

Regards,

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
donor truck might be a gasser. or rolled, blown up, shot.

plus if it is the CC dually in his avatar, it will be a sweet rig in 4x4.

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
donor truck might be a gasser. or rolled, blown up, shot.

plus if it is the CC dually in his avatar, it will be a sweet rig in 4x4.

Corey,

Maybe its heresy here, but even a gasser could be a good truck.

I never drive off-road, so I'm no expert. But it seems to me that a long CC would be least likely to go off-road and need 4x. I note that you actually shortened up your "PlayRig". So I don't see that Jono's current truck would be much "sweeter" than it already is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, I gotta say that, from your photos, the off-roading looks hellafun. Where is the Rauch... place? And speaking of stacks, I see that you have a legitimate need.

Regards,

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to try my conversion idea. Take an IFS front end off an F-150 or Bronco. It will bolt right up. Use your existing coil springs. You can then upgrade the 1/2 ton front axle to 8 lug using the method I used on my Bronco.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
Corey,

Maybe its heresy here, but even a gasser could be a good truck.

I never drive off-road, so I'm no expert. But it seems to me that a long CC would be least likely to go off-road and need 4x. I note that you actually shortened up your "PlayRig". So I don't see that Jono's current truck would be much "sweeter" than it already is. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW, I gotta say that, from your photos, the off-roading looks hellafun. Where is the Rauch... place? And speaking of stacks, I see that you have a legitimate need.

Regards,

rausch creek is located in tremont pa. off road park.

do u get much snow jim? didnt look at where your from, but i have driven a 2wd dually in the snow towing. woulda felt much better with a front axle helping. 2wd dually in snow empty is pointless. lol

international

Drownin' in diesel
Reaction score
Still looking for someone to try my conversion idea. Take an IFS front end off an F-150 or Bronco. It will bolt right up. Use your existing coil springs. You can then upgrade the 1/2 ton front axle to 8 lug using the method I used on my Bronco.

Mel, we all know that your conversion takes too much money;Poke:D

I would be interested to try it if it would work for a dually.

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry to let you all down i had to let that truck go but im thinkiing about geting another f350 cc and making it a 4x4 because they seem to be rare are something dunno and if its a duelly im going to make it a single wheel cause i dont care for 4x4 duellys

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online