460 E4OD???

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know if you can take a 460 E4od and drill the other holes and bolt it to a IDI like the ZF mod? I think I want to convert my truck to auto and finding a decent gear vendors and C6 seems harder.

84TD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would know, wasn't it you that originally posted the 460 ZF5 mods back in the day?

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd think you could get the bolt holes to work - I'd be much more concerned about getting the torque converter to work and the fact that the shiftpoints, hydraulics and clutches are likely different.

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
valve body. TC stall.. bolt pattern. more trouble then its worth. theres a reason why diesel and auto transmissions were different.

this isnt a chevy 6.2 :-D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ.. Man o few words...;Really;p:D

too busy to dawdle at the moment.
one truck with a broken rear brake rotor and rotten radiator, 3406E cat dump truck with fuel in the oil, scraper diff to install, Turn signal circuit burned out of the fuse panel in another truck, Idiot operator with some type of crap in his bulk tank in truck that is plugging screens, funny thing is I used the same tank for a year with no plugging issues, he doesnt want to pump his own fuel so I think he put some **** in the tank, looks like house insulation and he does most of the demo work, whattya all think,hmmm!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Fire that fool Russ even if he did nothing wrong. You don't pump.. you don't work.. You don't get paid.. Really very simple. Even a caveman can do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online