4" Exhaust.

rocketron

Reaction score
I have an ATS turbo (stock Ford system) with a Stan's Headers 3" down pipe (2 1/2 to 3") and strait 3" exhaust. Is it worth it to go up to a 4" strait exhaust from the down pipe? Thanks for any info!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
You have Stans Headers With a Turbo? I would like to see pics of that setup! I assume you had to do custom up pipes etc. Did you notice any gains in performance?

As far as the 4" Exhaust, that is what I am running. You may or may not hava a gain in performance, I felt a little from 3.5" to 4". But what I did notice is the sound. The 4" system sounds awesome. the bigger the pipe the lower the tone, and you loose tha raspy sound. It is worth it just for that. It is resy to do and not that expensive if you can do it your self. I used 4" straoightpipe from a semi dealer, and got a 4" tailpipe that Walker makes for the newer Superdutys, and some stainless steel band clamps, oh yea and a 5" Semi stack for the exhaust tip.

Altogether was about $150.00

Hope this helps, and welcome to the site!

Darrin

rocketron

Reaction score
I have a 2 1/2-3" down pipe, made a HUGE diference, (compared to my dads stock setup). If you want one, call them, they have them on the shelf, (don't know the no. , do a google search and it will come up, the only good that came from TDS.com!!!). Just looking for a bit more, (is more really enough???). The only problem I had is a little firewall clearance, but with a little "massaging" it will fit!

rocketron

Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the welcome, long time lookie loo, new poster! I really want this thing to work, works good now but I think there is more! Never too much power!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin, I think what he means is that the downpipe was made by Stan's Headers. I don't think he means he has headers AND a turbo.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin, I think what he means is that the downpipe was made by Stan's Headers. I don't think he means he has headers AND a turbo.

Gotchya, That makes a little more sence, I have often thought of that setup but it would be a snake of pipes to get back to the turbo. Thanks Mel

Darrin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes