2022 Rally

gandalf

Reaction score
I keep hoping for the same thing. It doesn't seem to be far enough west for me though. That's why I was so amped up about the BOOB Tour.
What happened there? Did the BOOB tour die a silent death? I imagine Covid had an effect too. As I recall the closest it was scheduled to come to me was southern Colorado. That's still a fair distance, but maybe doable.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
What happened there? Did the BOOB tour die a silent death? I imagine Covid had an effect too. As I recall the closest it was scheduled to come to me was southern Colorado. That's still a fair distance, but maybe doable.
Yes. It was scheduled for 2021 and was going to end at the Royal Gorge RV Park (maybe Campground?) outside Canon City, CO. It was pushed back to 2022 due to Covid. Then it died a slow death in the fall of 2020. People just quit talking about it.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a very generous offer, Danielle. You make me want to come there, really you do, but it's such a long way. Even if I was driving to Maine it's a ways south of my route (I80 and I90), but not totally out of the question. I can be tempted, with the right inducement.

Maybe next year the rally will be more to the west. :)
I'll give you a call tonight, lots to catch you up on! And I'm sure you've got some stories ☺️

gandalf

Reaction score
I'll give you a call tonight, lots to catch you up on! And I'm sure you've got some stories ☺️

Tonight, Monday night, isn't the best. I'm at my daughter's until tomorrow morning. It's a long weekend, a holiday weekend (Juneteenth). Could we plan on tomorrow evening, please? Aside from the cell reception here I have to be more guarded in what I say.

If I'm not mistaken you've been fairly busy. You'll have to tell me all the juicy tidbits. I'm pretty sure I can come up with some stories too, some of which I can even tell in public.

I'll look forward to your call. I always enjoy them.

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will not be going to the rally, i already told Danielle but i should let the rest of you know. 2 reasons, i got a new job in febuary and i have vacation days but i cant use them the week of the rally because we have plant shutdown days from the jul 23rd to aug 6 (2 weeks off) and calling off work gets points against me. and 2nd reason it would cost me over $800 just in fuel from Macungie to WV and back. and i dont want to spend that much money just on FJB diesel, would probally spend over $1k on fuel and food and drinks and ice.

i am trying my best to save my money because will be getting rust repair done that is going to cost $3,100.....

i wish you all a safe and and happy rally.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was posted by the person doing our tour 9n Wednesday
Can't wait

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-155538_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704-155538_Lite.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 12

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clarifying the total fee, no matter how many is 350. Not 350 per person or vehicle :)

There are many many many rental places that will deliver a machine to the campground and pick it up when you're finished.

If you have a machine, there is a permit for road driving combined with trail driving that you can pick up at the campsite

Friends of ours that go every year here said no insurance or registration. Being from NJ we have it on ours anyway haha

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The trip is 552 miles for us. We will be splitting it in 2 portions. To save some money we will be overnighting in ******* Barrel(, Lavale MD 21502) Friday night if anyone wants to convoy.
Edited. Walmart no longer allows overnight

Last edited:

pafixitman

Reaction score
We are splitting it also. We will most likely be in front of you. We will get on I70 at route 15 in Frederick. Stopping in Morgantown for the night.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schedule so far:

Saturday arrival: everyone will be tired so maybe quickie meet & greet and s'mores

Sunday: low key, probably a lot of unpacking and checking machines. Anyone renting probably getting their deliveries

Monday: make our way to pizza and ice cream for late lunch, atv or trucks.

Tuesday: checking into 2 options.

One activity I want to do is Make Your Own Rally Shirts. I'm bringing vinyl, ink (works on very light colored polyester shirts) and the cutting and pressing machine.
I have cut files of the 3 generations of trucks we have. If you have a request or want to try to get your specific truck into a cut file let me know now. BRING A BLANK SHIRT! Doesn't have to be new.

Wednesday: this is the big tour day, most likely an all day. Total for our group no matter how many is 350. Pay what you can if you can and Steve and I are covering the rest. We would rather this be about fun and learning the area from someone passionate about it then money! This is an atv tour.

Thursday: free day

Friday: we have a 2pm appointment to view a museum of a coal mine, once owned by Henry Ford. Red Robin Stone Heritage museum. It's tiny but thought it would be cool to see another crazy thing Henry Ford was up to haha. This can be atv or truck also

Saturday: homeward bound

This is an atv park located on a massive atv trail system. Atv are allowed on streets, and that's the main activity. Rental sxs can be delivered right to the campsite.

We have a 6 passenger and there are 4 of us, 2 of them are tiny haha. So we can fit more

pafixitman

Reaction score
Getting close!

Truck washed and cleaned out? Nope
Food and beverage purchased yet? Nope
Faucet in trailer replaced yet? Nope

Leaving tomorrow at 10am? Yep

a lot to get done!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to be last minute but a few things popped up and i will not be able to make this rally. i had planned on making the trek but it wont work this year. fuel prices aren't helping either, all tho they are going down in my area. i hope everyone has a good time and it looks like Danielle planned out a good week.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Truck is now washed thanks to my daughter. Groceries picked up thanks to my wife (and online ordering) and my son for picking up the order.

doing remodeling and having employees helps get the faucet replaced also!