2022 Rally

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jared and I have been trying to get something together for this summer. Have hit roadblock after roadblock. Campgrounds are charging way too much for groups and want those groups to be way too small. No more than 10 people!!!

A guy I know has bought the KOA in Bowling Green, KY. He was going to let us have the rally there. However, the tornado has displaced so many people, his campground is full indefinitely with those who lost their home are can't live in there home currently due to damage.

Sorry guys.

Anybody else have something viable?

Heath

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@hesutton Joe @pafixitman and I have had a quick look around. Availability is nil. Prices are high. If you don’t mind me asking, what were you considering too expensive? Seems like the KOA’s around here are $70-80 a night. Most of the others I’ve looked at are in that same range for full hookups. I know just about everything is more expensive than they have been. Guess camping has too with all the city folk jumping on board. Regardless of price, not looking good for availability here. Got another feeler out but I’m not hopeful.

Guess we need to start now for 2023.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$100-125/night!

So more than $1000 for the week, which is insane to me.

Will talk to my Bowling Green KOA contact again as its been more than a month since the tornado hit town. There may be hope for a large group here. But, no promises.

Heath

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was hoping for good news but none so far i guess..

im pretty much up for a rally anywhere but the long hauls will will be fun with the camper lol.

i can check the campground from my previous rally. i would volunteer to host again but i know its a bit far for some of yall, and i tend to stay more to the north. so that tends to make the group smaller.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$100-125/night!

So more than $1000 for the week, which is insane to me.

Will talk to my Bowling Green KOA contact again as its been more than a month since the tornado hit town. There may be hope for a large group here. But, no promises.

Heath
That is pricey. Makes 70$ a night look a lot better. LOL

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all do these get togethers usually involve? Just thinking if there’s another type of venue other than a campground that might work.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What all do these get togethers usually involve? Just thinking if there’s another type of venue other than a campground that might work.

Typically about a week of random events to be chosen from with a couple free days to do whatever. The campground is kind of a necessity because nobody lives in the same area and everyone needs a place to meet and stay for the week.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the need for camping, but I was thinking more along the lines of places that allow camping, rather than a commercial campground. For instance a county fairgrounds, or an off road park, or maybe a race track. One place that comes to mind is https://windrockpark.com/
It’s an off road park that has camping, cabins, side by side rentals, and even a gun range. That one stays pretty busy, and could end up speedy, but there are smaller ones that don’t do much during the week. Just thoughts.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the need for camping, but I was thinking more along the lines of places that allow camping, rather than a commercial campground. For instance a county fairgrounds, or an off road park, or maybe a race track. One place that comes to mind is https://windrockpark.com/
It’s an off road park that has camping, cabins, side by side rentals, and even a gun range. That one stays pretty busy, and could end up speedy, but there are smaller ones that don’t do much during the week. Just thoughts.

That wouldn't work because I don't have my wheeling rig running yet LOL

That looks like a great place to spend a week though!

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That wouldn't work because I don't have my wheeling rig running yet LOL

That looks like a great place to spend a week though!
Well, my truck is a 2wd dually so I won't be hitting trails in it anytime soon, but I could bring some fourwheelers and play. I know several people who go out there a few times a year, but I haven't been since probably 2002. It was quite different then.

I think a fair ground could probably work well too. https://wilsoncountyfairgrounds.com/ This is a good example. They have room for 1000 rv's, and you can rent buildings etc. by the day. They have a 150x90 pavillion that goes for $350/day. Split that up between 20 or so members, and it gets pretty affordable. I've been to a few car shows there, some small and some pretty large.