2022 Rally

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it! Just got off the phone with the coolest campground owner! He would love to have a bunch of old diesels and their families. Annie's ATV resort West Virgina

9 RV sites 50/night
5 cabins (2 sleeps 6 people, the other sleeps 3)
1 RV to rent

other campgrounds everywhere close by for any late comers but we haven't booked over 9 RVs in a while I think?

You can rent (they will DELIVER!) atv/utv, bring your own, and ride right out of the campground

There's a one mile trail for KIDS!

The owners do their own history tour of Hatfield and McCoy, their property is actually a McCoy property!

There's a nearby river for swimming with wild horses

July 23rd week available
July 16th and week after available
July 4th and following week available - 4 night minimum if we want this week - he said there's an insane large firework show
23rd August and following week available

How does this sound?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!

There is a workshop for use if anything breaks down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case hahahahahah

gandalf

Reaction score
WV is a LONG way away. If you want to see me at an event you're going to have to bring it a bit closer.

:)

At a guess I put it ~2500 miles each way. That would be ~175 gallons of fuel, if I'm lucky. That would be the case if I were to drive my truck. OTOH, if I were to drive my Jetta it would be ~75 gallons of fuel (diesel). Since I no longer have the camper, the Jetta would probably be the winner. I'd be in a tent either way.

It's most likely a moot point anyway. I'll be on the east coast ~mid May to paint the house in Maine, and again ~ mid September, just because I want to be. I really can't see making a third trip, so it probably won't happen.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART!!

There is a workshop for use if anything breaks down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just in case hahahahahah
Is this it?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what (little) I know about it, Devil Anse is a pretty nice place to stay and the people who run it are nice.
I was on the phone with him forever, it's just a couple that owns it and they're definitely cool as hell! If this all comes together I want to hear more about their life, it sounds amazing!

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'd be in as long as it isn't the week of July 16th. Megan has a friend's bachelorette party that weekend. Of course I'll have to talk it over with the wife and crunch the financial numbers first but hopefully we can make it work! Keep us posted asap so we can make sure we can get off work.

Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What all do these get togethers usually involve? Just thinking if there’s another type of venue other than a campground that might work.
I've been to only a few but typically it's spread over about a week so as many people can pop in and out as possible (so many different life and work schedules! :) )
There's a potluck dinner
Sometimes an event or outing planned for specific days (usually planned on the day(S) of highest attendance)
An open hood "show" where everyone lines up and we wander around chatting trucks. Some years there is a "show" with little prizes or bragging rights
CB radio recommended
Many members have kids so sometimes there's an event at the location or something that's kid centric
Someone usually needs a tow or repair so everyone gets together and helps out with tools or at least beer and heckling
Parts store runs

Mostly a lot of beer, fire, trucks, and chatting and beer and fire hee hee

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online