2018 Oilburners Rally

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Holy cow! In just over 60 days it will be rally time!

The t-shirt info will be posted very soon. So keep an eye out for that if you want to get a rally shirt.

For those attending can you give us a quick headcount in your party?
Broken down into, adults, teens, and 12 and under? This will be helpful in planning the group events.

Cant wait to see everyone!

I'll start it off.
2 adults in my party, possibly a third for some of the days.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 adults

60 days huh.... guess I'd better get this beast ripped apart so she'll be back together lol!

I think all I NEED done before the rally is fix my fuel tank issues and change rear diff fluid. I'll probably end up replacing the brakes on the driver's side too though since they've been on the list of "ain't broke yet" ever since my pass side rear wheel seal blew and front caliper seized up lol!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 adults for now. My kids are in a state of flux, so their ability to commit is pretty much impossible at this time. We may or may not see them. Graham graduates and starts a new job, and of course Matthias lives in Chicago, so....

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"FIREWOOD POLICY
The Harrisonburg/Shenandoah Valley KOA property borders the George Washington National Forest. In the interest of protecting our National Forest from foreign diseases and insects, we can not allow foreign wood to enter the property. You may bring in kiln dried firewood, locally purchased firewood or purchase firewood from us. We reserve the right to request proof of origin of all wood entering the campground. We DO NOT allow foraging for wood on the property. Please visit: http://www.dontmovefirewood.org/ for more information."

I was going to bring some firewood from home just to help with that for the week, I have some good dry stuff under a tarp and I remember two years ago at the bedford rally drunkenly having to get the fire started in the rain pouring optilube additive on the soaked wood as Goose kept it lit with something flammable he had.

But then I read that policy on their site. I mean how would they know the firewood is from western pa.. but I dont wanna be "that" guy either. Usually campgrounds give you like 3 logs for 20$ or something lol..

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
I feel like they are required to list that. I cant imagine they have time to go take dna samples of logs.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"FIREWOOD POLICY
The Harrisonburg/Shenandoah Valley KOA property borders the George Washington National Forest. In the interest of protecting our National Forest from foreign diseases and insects, we can not allow foreign wood to enter the property. You may bring in kiln dried firewood, locally purchased firewood or purchase firewood from us. We reserve the right to request proof of origin of all wood entering the campground. We DO NOT allow foraging for wood on the property. Please visit: http://www.dontmovefirewood.org/ for more information."

I was going to bring some firewood from home just to help with that for the week, I have some good dry stuff under a tarp and I remember two years ago at the bedford rally drunkenly having to get the fire started in the rain pouring optilube additive on the soaked wood as Goose kept it lit with something flammable he had.

But then I read that policy on their site. I mean how would they know the firewood is from western pa.. but I dont wanna be "that" guy either. Usually campgrounds give you like 3 logs for 20$ or something lol..
I’ve been pondering the same thing. I spent 20$ to have a wussy camp fire the night we spent there. I had considered emailing asking for a bulk discount but if I don’t like the answer I’ve now alerted them to the fact I need firewood. There has got to be a place somewhat local that will sell firewood in some quantity reasonable. Just have to find it or just not worry about it. Tonneau on the truck. Cover of night. Covert operation.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or we buy a small amount locally and hope the receipt doesnt say for how much we bought or something. Hmm.. "we got a great deal on this absurd amount of wood in Brian's truck" haha

I wouldn't be surprised if anywhere didn't do group discounts knowing groups are going to want fires. Not that I blame them either.

I don't have a tonneau cover but I have enough dry precut wood at my house for... well I have an absurd amount. Woodburner heat is free money and I have plenty of woods lol. I just dont wanna get there and be told to get rid of it not that I'd mind losing it but then I'd have to go litter lol

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are always locals right by campgrounds selling wood. I was going to buy it locally so I wouldn't have to haul it

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk