2016 Rally Voting Thread

Who / when / Where will be the 2016 Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I imagine that a lot of people voting for Missouri have never actually attended a rally. Not that that means anything, but it has been our experience that people will often say they are going, but then actually not. In cases such as this, money may make a difference. Perhaps a registration fee is in order this year.

jhenegh

Truck Still Earns its Keep
Reaction score
Never been to MO. Impossible to guess an ag guy's schedule in the summer, but MO isn't too far!

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
I'm unsure of the motives here but I feel that would be a terrible idea ill be doing good to afford the week off as is much less an additional fee. Seems to be a major detoutant to new member involment. The people that want to go to the rally will go within their means no matter the location

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fee. I think it would be awesome to have a ton of new faces at the rally. In my opinion, it is very encouraging that so many guys are interested enough in coming that they voted for their pick. I think an additional fee would have the detrimental effect on attendance. Shoot... the cost of fuel, camping, food, activities is plenty of a financial filter for attendance. For me, however, my filter is how far will I make it before I explode another camper tire. LOL

Heath

Last edited:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I agree no fees. We have never had one and I don't think we need to start now. Being a free event should and and has helped attendance of newer folks. I know for me it's free or I stay home. I even avoid the biker rallies that charge an admission fee. I will do the charity rides but the rallies... Nope I stay home.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No fee. I think it would be awesome to have a ton of new faces at the rally. In my opinion, it is very encouraging that so many guys are interested enough in coming that they voted for their pick. I think an additional fee would have the detrimental effect on attendance. Shoot... the cost of fuel, camping, food, activities is plenty of a financial filter for attendance. For me, however, my filter is how long will the I make it before I explode another camper tire. LOL

Heath
heath- i have no idea what your trailer weighs, but anything that's heavy with tires sitting in one place for a year is a recipe for trouble. it may be an additional irritation to a long prep list, but putting a fresh set of rubber on the trailer may be a good idea. if nothing else, have a set for storage and a set for travel.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it can cost the person that's hosting the rally money just for the events that go on. I know I had to spend some extra money to host a rally. I would make a donation to the person that is pretty much planning my vacation.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heath- i have no idea what your trailer weighs, but anything that's heavy with tires sitting in one place for a year is a recipe for trouble. it may be an additional irritation to a long prep list, but putting a fresh set of rubber on the trailer may be a good idea. if nothing else, have a set for storage and a set for travel.

My camper is a tire monster for some reason. It's in the 10-11K range when towing. 8K+ on the trailer axles loaded (per CAT scales). The truck has the balls to haul at or above the speed limit now. That's part of the problem I'm sure.:D

I've had three new sets of tires now for the last three seasons. Hope the newest set will last more than one trip. I bought 16 inch wheels and Michelin XPS RIBS. Waiting on the camper repairs to test them out. We'll see. LOL

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My camper is a tire monster for some reason. It's in the 10-11K range when towing. 8K+ on the trailer axles loaded (per CAT scales). The truck has the balls to haul at or above the speed limit now. That's part of the problem I'm sure.:D

I've had three new sets of tires now for the last three seasons. Hope the newest set will last more than one trip. I bought 16 inch wheels and Michelin XPS RIBS. Waiting on the camper repairs to test them out. We'll see. LOL

Heath
if you manage to blow up a XPS rib, there's something seriously wrong, not to mention you'll witness damage like never before. :eek:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you manage to blow up a XPS rib, there's something seriously wrong, not to mention you'll witness damage like never before. :eek:

I'm really counting on those tires to cure my problem. My experience with trailer tires has convinced me that all ST tires are just varying degrees of crap (and that ST really stands for $h!tty Tire). They are just good enough to get you to your next blow out. I've heard nothing but good things about the Michelin's. Had to go with 16's to use them. They don't come in 15 inch. The "Q" speed rating makes me feel better too.:sly

Heath

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I'll throw my vote in, even though i"m fence sitting at the moment. I would vote for Kentucky, MO just seems too far and I've seen Pa. Ive sold my camper, so either nice cabins (ac and running water) would be required, or I could look into renting a camper.

John

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Missouri happens, we will be there. We will be in Colorado for the fourth, and will hit the gathering on the way back home.

Thanks for letting us have some input here. Looks like it will be close.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You sure your axles are straight?

Jason, they measured square. Never had any uneven wear at all. Though, they never had more than 1000 miles on any set I've had. The camper tracks straight as an arrow and hauls like a champ. I looked for issues there more than once and not found any problem. I'm convinced its the Chinese trying to kill me via rubber death hoops call ST tires.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86