Who / when / Where will be the 2016 Rally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok folks here are the offerings from

Choice number 1 - Missouri

The Rosenthal's would like to invite our friends to come out a bit further west! We have our sights on the Lake of the Ozark area and the campground is Cross Creek RV in Lake Ozark, Missouri. The dates that seemed to work the best were July 9th-16th.
Cross Creek RV Park rates:
• All RV sites are full hook up. Most have both 30 and 50 amp.
$32 Weekdays
$35 Weekends
$37 Holidays LAKE FRONT RV SITES
$35 Weekdays
$38 Weekends
$40 Holidays ($2 OFF with 3-day+ stay!)
WEEKLY
• Rates are based per tent. Some sites can accommodate several tents. Most have electric and water nearby. $25 Weekdays
$28 Weekends
$30 Holidays
Only $20 per additional tent
• Cabins range in price from $49 upwards to larger group cabins priced $159

http://www.crosscreekrvpark.com/feat...p#.VbvLy0aPIcF
This was the email Danielle received from the campground:

Danielle, Thank you, we would love to have your group. The 9th -16th would work good at this time. There is no charge for using the Pavilion as long as you clean up afterwards. The discount offered is pay for 6 nights and get the seventh night Free and we would offer your group unlimited mini golf on our course. Right now the cabins are open too, we have ten to choose from. In order to reserve the RV sites and Cabins we will require a one nights deposit per site/cabin. Good luck in the meeting and let us know either way asap.
Thanks again,
John & Wendy

A few spots that have captured our interest are the following:
*Bridal Cave ($12 ages 13 & up, $6 ages 5-12 at group rate of 15)
*Lemans Go Karts ($16 slick track, $12 standard track)
*Ha Ha Tonka State Park ruins and exploring (Free)
* The original Bass Pro Shop- Cost is as much as your self-control allows. This would be a bit of a road trip to Springfield- about 1 1/2 hours. -20 minutes south is Lamberts Cafe-"Home of the Throwed Rolls" Southern style cooking.
*The area hosts tourist shops, Osage Lake outlet mall, wineries, & variety of restaurants
* Boat Rental is an option we're looking into. If a couple families went in together, this would relieve some cost.
We are open to working in or axing out certain events due to interest however we would prefer families to choose if they are wanting to be more laid back or event oriented. We will have our usual campfire nights and the group pitch in dinner. Also, to keep the stress down, a line up and photo op of the trucks instead of a show will be taking place.
Our hope is that everyone will leave a bit happier, more refreshed than when they came, and to have built a stronger bond than before. We look forward to down time so we can relax, kick back, and enjoy the company of folks whom we've been honored to call friends.
*If you're a planner or researcher and you find locations or attractions that you find interesting, please feel free to share! We can't promise it will happen but are open to suggestions!

Choice number 2 - Pennsylvania

Ok I have never done this before and this is a little new but here goes. I would like to throw my hat in the ring for hosting. Right now we are going with Bedford PA. This little town is situated right between Pittsburg and Harrisburg, a little southwest of the center of the state. The town is located at the beginning of the Appalachian Mountains so you western guys will get a break and not have to cross them. It also gives us a little advantage in elevation. At about 1600 feet it runs about 5 degrees or so cooler than my home of York pa in the summertime.
Click image for larger version. Name: bedford pa.jpg Views: 9 Size: 85.0 KB ID: 58371

I considered some other places like Hershey, Gettysburg, and it was brought up about Johnston with its great history but I thought Bedford would be more convenient being a little on the western side of PA and right off two major highways. Bedford is a beautiful clean old time town surrounded by hills of trees with a rich history. Among other things Bedford was the base for George Washington to put down the whiskey rebellion.
Click image for larger version. Name: 2015-07-25 16.00.27.jpg Views: 9 Size: 649.9 KB ID: 58372

We looked at 4 campgrounds in the immediate area and only one fit what we thought would be great for the Rally.
http://www.friendshipvillagecampground.com/
They were very friendly and open to a group coming in. they seemed popular with the locals and were a busy campground. They were actually booked up the weekend of the 4th but had plenty of openings the week of July 4 through the 10. if you get on their page they would place us together up in the 200's section were we would be in the immediate vicinity of everything we need. This would include the tent sites, playground, pavilion; showers, camp store, pool, lake and laundry are all right next to each other so no one should need to wonder far. Rates are very reasonable at $40 a night. They offer a 10% discount if we get 10 or more families and every 4th night is free. So you can stay 8 nights for the cost of 6 at $36 a night with discount. All of the sites have 30amp/water/sewer/cable hookups and the cabins and tent sights are nearby. The park also has some nice perks like mini-golf, volleyball, laser tag,
kayak, fishing, 2 swimming pools and a nice 5 acre lake we can kayak go on. The campground are also hosting a fun day with games, dunk tank, face painting, blow ups, rock climbing, slide carnival food etc

There are a couple of main events that I would like to do but want to keep a very relaxed overall feel to the Rally.

A trip to the Flight 93 memorial – about 30 min away, I will have to check but there does not appear to be any cost.
http://www.honorflight93.org/memorial/

A guided tour of the local town which is free on July 10th

A visit to Old Bedford Village – a wonderful collection of historic homes shops, craftsman and characters. Characters from the past interact as they occupy the village. The cost is 10 dollars for adults, 6 and under are free
http://oldbedfordvillage.com/index.php

A non-completion truck line up where we can enjoy each other’s rides and get some pictures with trucks and family.

Otherwise there is plenty to do in the area for day trips if families wanted to head out for more fun. No plans would be scheduled for these but they are available.

Delgrossos amusment park- this is a great little amusement park that has a water park and rides for younger ages. Normal cost is 20 for a unlimited water park access and rides but comes down to 15 with a coupon. No parking or park enterance cost, about 45 min away
http://www.mydelgrossopark.com/

there are 14 covered bridges in the sprawling hill of Bedford and a 99 mile course to hit all of them if you desire
gravity hills – where cars roll uphill and water flows the wrong way. A neat little road in the middle of no where about 20 min from camp.
http://www.gravityhill.com/

we are about 10 min from Nathan Bedford state park

there are multiple wineries and breweries in Bedford and the local area

Everett train museam
http://everettrailroad.com/

Something else to note is that there is a autozone, advanced auto, regualar Walmart, weis market and tractor supply about 10 min from the campground. At the entrance to the campground there is a Ford dealership! You are within minutes of multiple restaurants for food and gas stations for supplies.
There is more to do and would be completely open to shifting things or event around as the group sees fit but I hope you consider letting me host for the 2016 rally! My primary goal is to have a nice relaxed event that all makes and model of vehicle are welcome to visit and feel welcome with old friends or new.
Click image for larger version. Name: 2015-07-25 19.44.15.jpg Views: 10 Size: 194.5 KB ID: 58373

****************************************************************************************
****************************************************************************************

Choice number 3 Kentucky.

I'd be happy to host again too. It'd be closer to Louisville than Bowling Green. Bourbon distillers to tour, train stuff, Louisville Slugger factory/tour. But, I'm not dying to do it either. Jared is working on a plan and I hear Seth is as well. Don't want to steal the thunder of a new host... I've played Rally Master before.

Just thought I needed to add this info before any voting is started... as it may be of importance to some.

After some consideration, I would NOT have a show-n-shine as part of the rally. I know this is a break from tradition. However.... It has been and (in my opinion) will continue to be a source of discord and/or disappointment. Sure we can line them up for a picture if we want. Yeah, you can wash/polish/wax your truck if you want. But, if you must have a "car show" type of event to come to a rally... I'm afraid I'll disappoint ya this coming year.

Another break from tradition... There will be a very limited schedule of events (MOB style). Most of the time will not be scheduled for the group. It's vacation and running all over Kentucky with 10+ other trucks my not be your cup of tea. If you want to go with the group somewhere, great!!! If you don't... great!!! Wanna take off and do whatever you find interesting alone, sure... enjoy.

Not much fleshing to do I'm afraid. This is it.

Here are the places I'd think folks would like. Will try and do A FEW together as a group, however, all will be a "go if you want, stay if you don't" kind of thing. There are tons more in the Louisville area if you are so inclined....
https://www.makersmark.com/distillery/tours
http://sluggermuseum.com/
http://www.derbymuseum.org/plan-a-visit/tours
http://kyrail.org/

Campground
http://koa.com/campgrounds/louisville-south/

Dates: ??? End of June or early July... No promise about the 4th being part of the rally.

Happy to do it if you all want, happy to go to PA or MO if you all want as well. Just want to get out of work for a week, relax, camp, and BS with everyone.

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trav-
is this poll for those definitely attending or for everyone who are thinking about it?

Membership on OB is the only requirment.

Of course we need to know the opinion of folks who know they are coming. However, fence sitters, maybe's, possibles, or any OB memeber who wants to put their $0.02 in is welcome to do so. LOL

Heath

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12 hrs and only 09 votes???
Comeon guys' lets rock n roll.
Me I'm out.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted Kentuck, I'll try my damnest to make it next year. Good Lords willing and the Crick don't rise again.

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I'm coming from California and have been through MO that was my pick.. Nice area but will travel a little further for a great time

pickupman

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted for Missouri. Since I live in California, that would be the most practical. I would really like to attend one of these gatherings, and if one ended up being that close, it would be all the more reason to attend.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also voted for Missouri. No guarantees I'll make it, but definitely a higher chance since it's a state away as opposed to halfway across the country....

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
im in for pa mainly because with my work schedule, a day trip out is not out of the question if we cant do the whole week. we are only 45 min away.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long will the voting be open? Can't vote from Tapatalk.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01