1990 IDI 7.3 into 2000 Excursion PS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't think so Double S.... A set of quality injectors for an idi will cost around $200.00.... The psd injectors are around $2000.00 for a set of 8...:eek: A Moose pump will run you about $550.00 or there abouts... I know this because I have bought two of them. Now try to install any injector in an idi compared to a psd... I'll take the idi all day long... Even the injector under the turbo on the ats motors....:D Everything on the idi is cheaper and easier to work on than it is on the pad... The only things that cost the same on these completely differant motors is the fuel and oil filters along with the oil. We use the same psd 1995 oil filter and love it... Wish I could remember who exposed this cross over part... That was a good day for all of us...;Sweet

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My $.02.............Why pitch a fully functional diesel? I'd leave well enough alone. The motor will outlast the body and interior anyway.
If a guy could fine an EX with a blown up 7.3 (good luck with that one) for cheap, and wasn't concerned with emissons, an IDI Excretion was be a kick a$$ ride.

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey bike-maker, I'm coming through your neck of the woods this weekend. I like Oregon a lot.

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I don't think so Double S.... A set of quality injectors for an idi will cost around $200.00.... The psd injectors are around $2000.00 for a set of 8...:eek: A Moose pump will run you about $550.00 or there abouts... I know this because I have bought two of them. Now try to install any injector in an idi compared to a psd... I'll take the idi all day long... Even the injector under the turbo on the ats motors....:D Everything on the idi is cheaper and easier to work on than it is on the pad... The only things that cost the same on these completely differant motors is the fuel and oil filters along with the oil. We use the same psd 1995 oil filter and love it... Wish I could remember who exposed this cross over part... That was a good day for all of us...;Sweet

PSD injectors DO NOT COST $2000 this is just common PSD bashing that keeps getting posted missinforming those that do not know any different. The truth is you can get an IDI fuel system for $550-$850 and the PSD will cost you $800-$1200 so a PSD fuel system will cost you about $300 more and in my expereince last about 1.5-2 times longer cancelling out any added exspense:thumbsup: It is more involved changing PSD injectors having to take the valve covers off and removing the oil in the rails or out of the cylinders but actually changing the injectors is quite easy just unplug the wires remove one bolt and reposition the holder and pry the injector out and replace it with the new one:thumbsup:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
PSD injectors DO NOT COST $2000 this is just common PSD bashing that keeps getting posted missinforming those that do not know any different. The truth is you can get an IDI fuel system for $550-$850 and the PSD will cost you $800-$1200 so a PSD fuel system will cost you about $300 more and in my expereince last about 1.5-2 times longer cancelling out any added exspense:thumbsup: It is more involved changing PSD injectors having to take the valve covers off and removing the oil in the rails or out of the cylinders but actually changing the injectors is quite easy just unplug the wires remove one bolt and reposition the holder and pry the injector out and replace it with the new one:thumbsup:

Amen to that!!!

Oog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So......four year old bump.

Currently hunting a 4wd excursion with blown engine to stuff my idi-t, 5spd, 1356 drive train into.....

crazytwo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Nice job dragging up my old thead. I got mine back on the road.